Getting Fit In 2020

35 minutes ago, Kidorry said:

I walk every day for at least 45 minutes at a good pace. I have noticed one couple who I have seen often for the last six months and when I first saw them they were very over weight but now you can see a big difference in their appearance. Good for them.

It is surprising how much difference even a small amount of exercise makes. Years ago I put on weight after starting to drive to work instead of walking part of the way.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 09/11/2020 at 22:22, El Cid said:

I went to the sports cener to do a fitness class 10 days ago, closed for a month now. I do lots of walking, but its great to do something more.

According to my GP walking is not vigorous enough.

That’s disappointing to hear. In July I had a quadruple heart bypass and during recovery I’ve taken to walking at least four days each week, doing between 4-8 miles on each occasion. I can’t walk quickly or at pace and I appear to be slow going uphill, given that everyone overtakes me. It is nice to at least be in the open air in nice surroundings. It’s also nice to have the occasional chat with other walkers, usually about their dogs. I’d love to go to a gym for a work out but not possible presently for personal and Covid reasons.

Walking seems to give me a big psychological lift 

On 12/11/2020 at 15:43, getphysical said:

Walking is great. You can start off at a stroll and as you get fitter increase the speed to a powerwalk! It's certainly good for body and soul. Invest in some good waterproofs and don't let the weather stop you. To quote Billy Connolly " there's no such thing as bad weather, only the wrong clothes!"☺️

He said some wise things Billy Connolly. Personally I prefer walking in bad weather, the rainier the better. Not sure why just find it more sensual