Sheffield 'Now And Then' Yt Clip.

Janus

I was sent details of this clip recently. It may be of interest to  readers of this section who like Sheffield photos.

Apparently there are a few clips from the creator of this clip. Sheffield now and then 1, 2, 3 and so. I think I saw a number 9, so quite a few.

Edited by Janus

8 hours ago, *Wallace* said:

Interesting but it looks like a ten year old put it together with the cheapest software available.

The ten year old must be gratified that, after spending countless hours seeking out the locations and precisely lining up his mickey mouse camera before raiding his piggy bank to purchase the mickey mouse software, he gets trolled by another ten year old who could obviously do a whole lot better.

Well I appreciated it and thanks for the memories. I left Sheffield over 40 years ago and for me anything after 1980 does not compute. The new stuff has me completely baffled on my infrequent visits. The old pics reminded me of childhood memories. Saturday's we used to walk from Pitsmoor, down Spital Hill, thru the Wicker, over Ladies Bridge then various routes around the shops and markets, all long gone. Then walking back home. Your pictures were typical of those early 50's Saturdays.

Again thanks.

HIBBSY, I have never lived in Sheffield.  But I can imagine that seeing stuff like this, evokes strong memories for you and others. Fond ones I hope.

I worked in Sheffield from the late 70s, and seeing photos of Sheffield industry has a similar effect on me at times.

Hi all. Me and my OH stumbled across this series on YouTube some while ago and enjoyed watching it. One thing that struck me though was the amount of buildings that had been demolished to be replaced by absolutely nothing. With hindsight maybe it would been better to refurbish and reuse the existing structures rather than replace them with scrubby wasteland and crummy car pitches. I lived at Heeley as a kid and our house was compulsory purchased and demolished to make way for the bypass that never was. A lot of stuff got knocked down with nothing to replace it and now we have a housing crisis!