No New Petrol Or Diesel Cars After 2030-Will There Be A U Turn?

11 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

Uncaring ?

You're "caring" are you ! ? !

Isn't it you who say you are not bothered if people cannot go on the holidays they want ?

Or indeed during Covid I seem to remember you weren't bothered about the fact I could not swim for 8 moths or my child go to school for over 7 months. Censored (but relevant for this discussion)

Or that I was banned from videoing my lad winning his first ever Fly race etc etc etc

You don't  care about any of that, and much else, do you ?

Why on earth should I care about you going on the holiday you want ?          I would sooner care about those poor people with empty stomachs or burned down / flooded homes.

Why should I care that you were banned from making a video ?          I don't care at all about greedy and selfish people like you.

No,  you are absolutely correct.  I don't care one jot about any of that.

Glad that we now understand each other.    Although I understood you,  after reading your first few posts and realised that you only cared about yourself.

Edited by Organgrinder

10 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

Uncaring ?

You're "caring" are you ! ? !

Isn't it you who say you are not bothered if people cannot go on the holidays they want ?

Or indeed during Covid I seem to remember you weren't bothered about the fact I could not swim for 8 moths or my child go to school for over 7 months. Censored (but relevant for this discussion)

Or that I was banned from videoing my lad winning his first ever Fly race etc etc etc

You don't  care about any of that, and much else, do you ?

Can you even say that these days ? ! ?

In this mad crazy over sensitive world does that count as online threats or harassment ? ! ?

If you can't tell Padders was only having a joke with Anna you are contributing to this mad crazy over sensitive world. :loopy:

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

If you can't tell Padders was only having a joke with Anna you are contributing to this mad crazy over sensitive world. :loopy:

Wasting your time mate    -    He'll still not understand.    Too busy worrying about his holidays when he could go to Cleethorpes or Skeggy.

4 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

Wasting your time mate    -    He'll still not understand.    Too busy worrying about his holidays when he could go to Cleethorpes or Skeggy.

Just hope his Solar Panels don't get Covid while he is away.  :hihi:

• Haha 1

Hmm! We don’t know which comedy act will be in power in 2030, however I can’t see the ‘Want Electric Cars’ vote being that great. Technology will no doubt have a big say in what type of cars you guys will drive (I’ll be 83 on the remote chance of still being alive) so it would be unwise to conclude that petrol/diesel emissions will be anything like todays.

Edited by crookesey

8 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

Annette Crosbie, Afterlife, "I may as well have been a tree"

43 minutes ago, crookesey said:

Hmm! We don’t know which comedy act will be in power in 2030, however I can’t see the ‘Want Electric Cars’ vote being that great. Technology will no doubt have a big say in what type of cars you guys will drive (I’ll be 83 on the remote chance of still being alive) so it would be unwise to conclude that petrol/diesel emissions will be anything like todays.

I do agree with you crooksey.  i well understand why so many are so annoyed at the thought of giving up their internal combustion engine  cars.

Despite people's belief in the progress of automobile makers,  those makers have had over 130 years to improve, re-invent and perfect cleaner, cheaper and more efficient motive power for cars.

We have known about poor air quality for many years and we have known about global warming for 30 years and still, the worlds governments have not forced manufacturers to up their game.

I predict that there will be more progress made in the next 15 years than there has been for the last 130 years.

It's long been known about the failings of batteries and similar can be said about the problems of using Hydrogen power but no real work has been done until recent years.

I don't think that battery power is a viable answer for the whole world's transport needs anyway, and have said that before on this forum so there's going to be a mad scrabble to find some answers now.

Whatever the answer, it will make no difference to the fact that everyone likes to shut their eyes and hope our problems will go away.

Electric cars will be the stop gap answer which is why they are the most talked about but, the scientists, engineers etc. will have to do far better than they have in the past.

Yet they mess about with space rockets instead.

6 hours ago, Organgrinder said:

People in general are absolutely bone idle besides uncaring.

Including OG :

4 hours ago, Organgrinder said:

Why on earth should I care about you [and everyone lese] going on the holiday you want ?          I would sooner care about those poor people with empty stomachs or burned down / flooded homes.

Why should I care that you [and anyone else] were banned from making a video ?          I don't care at all about greedy and selfish people like you.

No,  you are absolutely correct.  I don't care one jot about any of that.

Glad that we now understand each other. 

4 hours ago, PRESLEY said:

That was my point, you can't even joke about stuff like that anymore.

Edited by Chekhov

4 hours ago, Organgrinder said:

Why on earth should I care about you [and everyone lese] going on the holiday you want ?          I would sooner care about those poor people with empty stomachs or burned down / flooded homes.

Why should I care that you [and anyone else] were banned from making a video ?          I don't care at all about greedy and selfish people like you.

You are a false empathiser, you only have empathy for people who think like you do.

And, err, most people think like me. They want to be able to fly away on their hols and take pics of their kids doing significant stuff.

Edited by Chekhov
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Chekhov said:

You are a false empathiser, you only have empathy for people who think like you do.

And, err, most people think like me. They want to be able to fly away on their hols and take pics of their kids doing significant stuff.

Carry on then.  You'll learn from your mistakes, the government will learn from theirs and,  it'll be an expensive lesson for all of you.

Enjoy it because you'll not be doing it in a few years time.    Unless, that is, they find a brilliant new source of motive power and then all will be fine.

Either way, it doesn't matter to me as I don't share your obsessions.

Edited by Organgrinder