International Men's Day

Today is International Men’s Day. A day dedicated to the positive contribution that men make to the world. 

What will you be doing to celebrate? I’ll be up a ladder, contributing to the decoration of my house. Someone must be doing something more worthwhile than that, surely.

If you aren’t doing anything specific, do you have a male role model to share?

Incidentally, or possibly coincidentally, it is also World Toilet Day. 

On 19/11/2020 at 16:05, Thirsty Relic said:

I'll be doing the pots, trying to get my very old PC to go faster, sorting boxes of stuff out, then finally sitting down with a few cans of beer in front of the tele. 

I wonder why nobody makes a fuss of International Men's Day, but does create a fuss about Women's Day?

You're right.

But men still rule the world, (well a lot of it,) and we're still along way from equality. 

Nevertheless, I thank men the world over for your contributions, and wish you all well on your day.

19 hours ago, Anna B said:

You're right.

But men still rule the world, (well a lot of it,) and we're still along way from equality. 

Nevertheless, I thank men the world over for your contributions, and wish you all well on your day.

. Women cast about 60% of votes, so if there's someone electing this so-called patriarchy, it's women. And politicians know this and pander to feminists. This is why laws are written with a bias towards women.

6 hours ago, frigate said:

. Women cast about 60% of votes, so if there's someone electing this so-called patriarchy, it's women. And politicians know this and pander to feminists. This is why laws are written with a bias towards women.

Oh p-lease....

6 hours ago, frigate said:

Do you think that's why Boris Johnson is so popular with the ladies; because he writes laws with a bias towards women?