Sorby Hall Of Residence

Its just an ugly eyesore building......about as significant as a slice of toast....dont see what all the excitment is about.......you can see much bigger and better buildings being blown up on DVD if thats your thing.....

that place, and all the halls are horrid slums.....reminds me of that ghastly Hallam Tower tower in broomhill, or the disgusting Dyson House next to the rail station in town.........no RIP.....just good riddance.....

Its just an ugly eyesore building......about as significant as a slice of toast....dont see what all the excitment is about.......you can see much bigger and better buildings being blown up on DVD if thats your thing.....

that place, and all the halls are horrid slums.....reminds me of that ghastly Hallam Tower tower in broomhill, or the disgusting Dyson House next to the rail station in town.........no RIP.....just good riddance.....

Hallam Tower is gorgeous.

In the 1950s there was a mania for knocking down every building that was about 40 or 50 years old, now we're doing the same thing. It will be regretted.

Sniff, I feel a bit sad now :cry:

As OP, I said I would go to see Sorby crumble but I didn't make it (I blame my useless, drunken brother!). Just seen the Uni's video clip. Strange to see the place I lived for a year turn to dust. Yes, it was grimmer than grim to look at, but I have fond memories of running through it's corridors at silly o'clock and complaining when I found hairs in my food. Actually, not so fond of the latter :D

Goodbye I22

So that's it, it's gone now. As much as it was an eyesore etc I'll miss it.I was there in D40 in 97/98. nearly all of my mates from sorby are still in sheffield 9 years later so it certainly fostered good comaradarie.

adios sorby hall

• 3 weeks later...