Look at my pictures of sheffield markets!

Brilliant. The only thing that I dont like about them is they make me homesick! I love looking at Pics of Sheffield, the old ones for the memories and the new ones to see how things have changed since I left there. People here think I`m insane for missing my home city so much, but I cant help it, I love the city and its people. It gets into the blood in ways that you dont realise until you leave.

Brilliant. The only thing that I dont like about them is they make me homesick! I love looking at Pics of Sheffield, the old ones for the memories and the new ones to see how things have changed since I left there. People here think I`m insane for missing my home city so much, but I cant help it, I love the city and its people. It gets into the blood in ways that you dont realise until you leave.

glad you like 'em!

i wouldn't get too homesick though....although i try to capture the mood of sheffield, once you get here all that atmosphere turns into dirt, grime and real life!!

:)

glad you like 'em!

i wouldn't get too homesick though....although i try to capture the mood of sheffield, once you get here all that atmosphere turns into dirt, grime and real life!!

Thats what I miss! I just saw the Parson Cross pics and Its hard to believe that theyd demolish it all. When I was a kid I imagined the cross would be there forever.

Thats what I miss! I just saw the Parson Cross pics and Its hard to believe that theyd demolish it all. When I was a kid I imagined the cross would be there forever.

i must admit parson cross looks loads better now most of it is gone! it's semi-rural now!

i was against it at first, but i think it was the right decision.

:|

• 3 months later...

I know exactly what you mean,for years I longed to return home but it was rose tinted spectacles Ime afraid as I got the opportunity in the late 80s when I was offered a job as a joiner with the council,I started the job but no sooner had I got started I knew my children would be better off growing up in a smaller environment so I moved back sharpish,I still love sheffield but it was sheffield of the early 70s I was longing for!!!!!!:)

Does anyone remember the old woman with the weighing scales for people in the old market??

can't remember her, but does anyone remember the old bloke who used to do a song and a dance near the kiosk outside the entrance to castle market?

.....I still love sheffield but it was sheffield of the early 70s I was longing for!!!!!!:)

i think you are right.

the old sheffield i loved went years ago. we've got a new, cleaner version but to get the old character i reckon you need to move further north again now, to somewhere a bit more derelict and un-modernised/ sanitised.

:|

Archived