What is v bar going to be

basimmo

Yes, I am one of the managers :)

We are open to suggestions if anybody has anything they would like to see :D

Nice selection of fine cocktails, with properly trained bar staff who know how to make them and have some product knowledge! I'd like to be able to go for a decent drink on West Street rather than having to venture further a field on my nights off! :)

Thats right, the v-bar will be closed for 2-3 weeks and will return with a new name, new look, new door policy, new music policy and refurbished toilets.
please god tell me you aren't going to go r n b. just out of curiosity what is the music policy going to be?

We are looking for staff, preferably with cocktail experience, if anybody is interested, drop me in a CV.

I'm getting out myself... I'm a bit sick of working nights and unsociable hours. Been involved in setting up too many cocktail lists and bars and running bars etc! I wish you all the best though... just make sure you get it right! There's nothing worse than a bar thats trying it's best to get it right but just being off the mark. I'm aware I'm a bit of a snob having spent so much time getting trained and getting involved but there's nothing more I hate than a place doing cocktails and doing it badly.

Start off with just a handful of cocktails, a few classics such as the cosmo, margerita, mojito, and then maybe a few twists. Make sure all the staff know those and then start bringing more in, impress from the beginning. Don't start with a massive list and disappoint!

Oh, and get a few nice Rum's in. I don't mind paying up to £10 a 35ml shot for a nice Rum... :)

just make sure you get it right! There's nothing worse than a bar thats trying it's best to get it right but just being off the mark. I'm aware I'm a bit of a snob having spent so much time getting trained and getting involved but there's nothing more I hate than a place doing cocktails and doing it badly.

Start off with just a handful of cocktails, a few classics such as the cosmo, margerita, mojito, and then maybe a few twists. Make sure all the staff know those and then start bringing more in, impress from the beginning. Don't start with a massive list and disappoint!

can't argue with any of that. just stick to arelatively small list at first maybe 10 tops then have 'specials' on every week that way you're list expends the bar staff get better and the punters actually have an interesting range when they come in.

key thing is though make sure the staff know what they're doing. it looks so bad when they don't!

can't argue with any of that. just stick to arelatively small list at first maybe 10 tops then have 'specials' on every week that way you're list expends the bar staff get better and the punters actually have an interesting range when they come in.

key thing is though make sure the staff know what they're doing. it looks so bad when they don't!

One of the best things you can do (if you can afford to it) is run little mini cocktail competitions in house. It gets the staff to compete against each other to try and produce the best cocktails. It's amazing how soon they start trying odd little creations using things that you wouldn't expect, although invariably there's always somebody who pulls a recipe online. The only way you'll ever get top quality staff who really understand cocktails is by letting them create their own.

I make a fantastic rum drink with plums in that just tastes outta this world, and a few other odd ones that I'd never have come up with if I didn't have a little bit more freedom at boho than I've had before. It it wasn't hard enough juggling managing the bar and studying at Uni then I wouldn't be leaving.

One of the best things you can do (if you can afford to it) is run little mini cocktail competitions in house. It gets the staff to compete against each other to try and produce the best cocktails. It's amazing how soon they start trying odd little creations using things that you wouldn't expect, although invariably there's always somebody who pulls a recipe online. The only way you'll ever get top quality staff who really understand cocktails is by letting them create their own.

I make a fantastic rum drink with plums in that just tastes outta this world, and a few other odd ones that I'd never have come up with if I didn't have a little bit more freedom at boho than I've had before. It it wasn't hard enough juggling managing the bar and studying at Uni then I wouldn't be leaving.

theres loads of things you can do to push cocktails, have some staff incentives and things like that but if they don't know what they're doing and don't understand how to work a bar its all a waste of time, you may as well sling bottles of wkd at punters all night. better to have no cocktails than badly done ones!

Archived