Memories Of Sheffield, Left In 1955

Hi Margaret - only just seen your post.  I forgot I had visited the site a long time ago.  I was the queen when you were one of the princesses.  I chose carnation as I liked the flower and we all had pink dresses.  I remember that Billy Coles was my King and that he lived on Coleford Road.  I think the following year the queen chose anemenes  so your sister would have been with her.

We have had all our COVID jabs.  We caught it last year, 3 days before we were going on holiday, but it was only like a sore throat and cold.  If we were still at work it would not have stopped us. We do not like flying now and are happier cruising direct from Southampton.  In November we are booked on a long one to the Caribbean, but to and from Southampton.

We now live in Chelmsford in the south of England but my brother, Arthur, still lives up there, but with family commitments, etc. we do not meet very often.  My sister joined the Air Force and eventually lived in Bristol, but she died some years ago and her son and grandchildren live there.  Her other sons live in Australia and Holland and we met up last year when my brother in law died.

I have signed up for a facebook page of Darnall and Attercliffe, and there are lots of old photos posted there.  Recently there was one of St Albans Church where my parents got married in 1940 but it was bombed in 1941.  I thought it was on Coleridge Road but have not been able to find an old map showing its location.

Hope you are keeping well.

Jean

• 4 weeks later...