And The Next Wednesday Manager Is?

iansheff

45 minutes ago, atticus said:

If reports in the press are correct , Pulis was on a 2.5   year contract @ around £2 million a year .

Surely Chansiri hasn’t just paid him £5 million for 45 days work !!!!! 

It wouldn't surprise me🙄 when we appointed him I wasn't keen on the length of contract, should of been a year with option of another if he did well. More money down the drain

1 hour ago, NERVY-OWL said:

It wouldn't surprise me🙄 when we appointed him I wasn't keen on the length of contract, should of been a year with option of another if he did well. More money down the drain

And if you were an in-demand manager, would you take a job on a one-year contract, ask your management team (assistant manager, goalkeeping coach and whoever else they have in their team) to do the same, uproot families, change kids schools etc with only one year security?  I know I wouldn't, but make it 2 years, then I'd know bills were paid while I/we looked around for another job (and took a good holiday or 2 while looking).

34 minutes ago, Thirsty Relic said:

And if you were an in-demand manager, would you take a job on a one-year contract, ask your management team (assistant manager, goalkeeping coach and whoever else they have in their team) to do the same, uproot families, change kids schools etc with only one year security?  I know I wouldn't, but make it 2 years, then I'd know bills were paid while I/we looked around for another job (and took a good holiday or 2 while looking).

Fair enough But if the length of contract wasn't up for debate then surely you make sure he knows what the transfer budget is to try to avoid this situation. I don't believe it was down to results, more the transfer aims in January either not being made clear in the interview or they changed since he was appointed and pulis didn't like it, along with other goings on

if you take on a job like a football manager 1st job before you move on are wages,then how much can i spend,then contract size and other details,its 3 times now ,we have also replaced all the extras ie coaches as well,its costs fortunes,plus the next man will again need his own men,so we move on ,has he now got a new adviser?if not get a top adviser a football man,then a manager and a good set extra players,even if its only a few to keep us up,but a full re-build needed,plus  we need accounts and the wages paying,before more agro from the big men.