Did you work for The Star in the 70/80's

Anyone remember a guy ny the name of Dennis Hague from Swallownest, he worked on the installation of the presses and was sometimes sent overseas to cary out installations. Dennis will be 71 now, if he is still alive. Last time I spoke to him would be 2005/2006. At the time he was retired and living in either Devon or Cornwall. I knew him from Swallownest Infants School originally. Grey Eminence - near Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Hello Monkeylover. which dept did yo work in, if you can remember. don't eat too meny bannanas.

I left about then.

I started off in the Editorial as a messenger, about 1968, then moved to Distribution, and then Circulation, and then Newspaper Sales. (Though I think the last three departments were sort of linked, and the same) I left to have my first baby in May 1981.

Can anyone remember a documentary that was filmed for television, it was probably 1968/1969 - I had my five seconds of fame - was seen to walk down the Editorial Department and disappear through a door to go downstairs.

I started off in the Editorial as a messenger, about 1968, then moved to Distribution, and then Circulation, and then Newspaper Sales. (Though I think the last three departments were sort of linked, and the same) I left to have my first baby in May 1981.

I started as an editorial messenger, then went into the advertisment dept.(display) became FOC etc. Left to do a degree.