Pot Pourri

My late wife loved to have bowls of pot pourri in various rooms. I still have them, but the fragrance has more or less worn off. I would like to refresh the fragrance. I tried a couple of small bottles, putting a few drops in each bowl. The fragrance is very weak, I suppose you get what you pay for. I would be grateful if anyone knows of a good brand that would give a decent fragrance.

Hi 

I get mine from Holland & Barrett. I tend to get either 'Dr. Organic' or 'Miaroma' lavender oil or tea tree oil. I use both for my aroma burner, but either brand will be okay. Though for pot pourri I don;t think tea tree would be very pleasant, possibly lavender or something citrussy.

I would have suggested Claremont and May but having just done a search I suspect that the company has gone out of business. It is a shame because their fragrances were gorgeous, especially Champagne and Roses. 

I have an Ashleigh and Burwood oil lamp and the fragrances are pleasant. Having checked on eBay they sell pot pourri refresher oils so they might be worth looking at. Their products are sold in many garden centres. You might also find Colony and Yankee Candle products on sale too. It’s useful to sniff before you buy. 

When you refresh your pot pourri put it in a plastic bag, add the oil and seal the bag. Give it a shake and put it somewhere warm for a while so the oil can soak in. 

6 minutes ago, Jomie said:

I would have suggested Claremont and May but having just done a search I suspect that the company has gone out of business. It is a shame because their fragrances were gorgeous, especially Champagne and Roses. 

I have an Ashleigh and Burwood oil lamp and the fragrances are pleasant. Having checked on eBay they sell pot pourri refresher oils so they might be worth looking at. Their products are sold in many garden centres. You might also find Colony and Yankee Candle products on sale too. It’s useful to sniff before you buy. 

When you refresh your pot pourri put it in a plastic bag, add the oil and seal the bag. Give it a shake and put it somewhere warm for a while so the oil can soak in. 

Oh yes, Yankee are lovely, very nice.  Debenhams do the range, House of Fraser will do them too.