History or hauntings at the barking badger, chesterfield

Im interested if anyone knows any history about what is now the Barking Badger pub in Chesterfield. It used to be the Clifton hotel and i also believe it was called the Ascot at one point. The bar staff there have on many occasion been convinced they have seen ghosts in the Sett underneath it, but after researching it on the net not found anything! Can anyone help? Any info will do.

I went drinking there once and there was this bird hovering around the bar, real pretty with black stright hair, big lips, big blue eyes and a peach of an arse.then she turned around having heard me and pulled the most hideous face by pulling her jaw into her neck. It was like off ghost busters1 in the library. I get the feeling not many people have seen that face and it scared me to death.

x

• 7 years later...

Hi.

I built the Barking Badger in 1997. I bought the Ascot Hotel from. Harvey Hill and added the two storey extension that was to become the barking badger and the sett.

I had 3 amazing years there and sold that and my other creation on the same street 'Aruba' to Dukedom ltd in 2000

They converted it to Martha's Vineyard several years later.

They went bust about 2 years ago and the BB was sold on.

Hope that helps.

Chris Hill

Archived