Carbrook School

juliediane If it's the same Keith Skelton I'm thinking of he will know Dick Martin, Martin Sapcote and if I remember correctly he lost his bike in the canal. sorry if it's the wrong Skelton

Hello deutsh.

yes it is the keith skelton who you remember lol.

bluebird62 what did happen to your bike? if i remember corecctly we were playing chicken going down the bank at the side of the canal and the idea was that we didn't brake to turn on to the path. Again if my memory is right, you were determined not to brake and you didn't!!! the result was we had to drag you out of the canal. do you know anything about Dick and Martin?

Which Carbrook School? If you mean the one at the top of Janson St me and my brothers and sisters attended during the years 1958 and 1963. Our names are Steve, Jean Sue Alan and Angela Suckley.

Dont remember the name of Miss Sanderson. I do recall Miss Renshaw; Mrs Dobson: Mrs Featherstone; Mr Wilde. Mrs Tucker; Miss Middleton; Miss Carr; Miss Valentine.

There are 2 threads you might find useful - anyone from attercliffe and anyone from carbrook.

Jeano sorry but i can't remember anybody called Suckley, but I was in Mr Wilde's class. some of the people I can remember are Jim Shirt, Martin Sapcote, Linda Cutts, Susan Pearson to name but a few

Hello Deutsch,

There are a few of us, we lived off Janson Street. My older brother steve and sister sue went to Coleridge Road school after Carbrook. i went to school at Millhouses so lost touch with lots of the kids from Carbrook.

I do remember Martin Sapcote; Linda Cutts; Ken and Dennis Law; Paul Padley; Lawrence and Maureen Ball; Phil Chapman; Sue Gervis; Irene Frankish; Marion Morton do any of these other namws ring any bells.

Which part of the area did you hail from?