Carbrook School

ingram is my surname

Sorry to have to say that carbrook c of e was no where near Bright Street , the main gates was on Dunlop Street, Infants + Juniors was on Albert Street and the Services gates was on Carbrook Street.

what was your hubbys name bluebird 62

• 3 weeks later...

hi fred

im dave kay i think i remember you from bright street my aunt edna lived a couple of doors from you. i think you were about 3 years older than me. i still see jimmy stansbie if you remember him. glyn hepworth was the lad who drowned also albert hilton went the same way in the canal.

• 1 month later...
Plain Talker

Is Carbrook Cof E school the same school as "Carbrook School" (Now the players cafe) that stands (stood) between Terry street (and Carbrook Rec) and Carltonville Road, on't 'cliffe?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hi Plain Talker.

No, these are entirly different schools. carbrook C of E, the main gates was on Dunlop Street, Infants + Juniors was on Albert Street and the Services gates was on Carbrook Street.

the other school you mentioned is called CARBROOK BOARD SCHOOL was on Attercliffe common which run adjacent to Terry Street, and the back of Carbrook school faced Terry Street Park.

where there was a bowling green, tennis courts, a football pitch,and a nursery for pre school children. in latter life of the school, it was used as a youth club and a night school, after which it became derelict. the girls and infants was demolished to leave the boys school which became the players cafe. The part of the demolished school bacame a carpark for the sheffield arena as it now stands today.

my mother went there also and she says that she and others had to walk to maltby road school for cooking lessons as there was no facilities at carbrook board school . My husband, went to carbrook c of e and they used the board school as a youth club. on their home they would call at Toms drink shop.

hi plain talker

just wanted to know if ya mum n dad knew the beresfords in the chip shop next to the school. carltonville rd fish n chip shop was my mum and dads. david and betty beresford. with 5 daughters. just woundered if they remembered them.

• 4 months later...
hi fred

im dave kay i think i remember you from bright street my aunt edna lived a couple of doors from you. i think you were about 3 years older than me. i still see jimmy stansbie if you remember him. glyn hepworth was the lad who drowned also albert hilton went the same way in the canal.

i was brought up on bright street i remember albert hilton getting drowned also one of the searson twins also drownedi the canal i lived at the co opend of bright street