Carbrook School

Hi it's Joan Swain again not been on site for along time and no-one else seems to have either are any of you old Carbrook Cof E guys out there I remember Joan Peacock - Sandra Blakemore - Gail Senior- Sandra Stacey - Susan Goodwin - Linda Norman -Wendy Smith - linda Fox I have a class photo from 1958 my 1st year at school - - Miss Hetherington was the teacher the above mentioned are all on it -boys were Ernest Carr - Billy Otter- twins who I think where called Reardon I think there was also Melvin Pickersgill - other names will come back to me at some point

• 1 month later...
On ‎03‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 23:48, joaniej said:

Hi it's Joan Swain again not been on site for along time and no-one else seems to have either are any of you old Carbrook Cof E guys out there I remember Joan Peacock - Sandra Blakemore - Gail Senior- Sandra Stacey - Susan Goodwin - Linda Norman -Wendy Smith - linda Fox I have a class photo from 1958 my 1st year at school - - Miss Hetherington was the teacher the above mentioned are all on it -boys were Ernest Carr - Billy Otter- twins who I think where called Reardon I think there was also Melvin Pickersgill - other names will come back to me at some point

hi joan I went to c of e left in 1959 remember some the names the teacher you mean I think woud Edgerton and the twins were the searson boys jonny and and tommy one of them drowned in the canal cant remember wich one I also remember carol swain Sandra catlyn  Christine Beaumont eieen martin many others 

On ‎26‎/‎01‎/‎2006 at 13:43, Joan Swain said:

Hi my name was Joan Swain I lived @ 152 Weedon Street I also went to Carbrook Cof E school I remember Mr Cornthwaite - Miss Hetherington was my first teacher in 1958 - also remember Miss Crocker - I was very friendly with the Lynn Rodgers who lived in next yard - Willetts family lived next door at 1 side Mary Allott lived at other side of use - also remember Carol & Jean Humphries who lived on carbrook Street - anyone remember Rothwell's newsagents also on carbrook St

Happy Day

Did you know A  CHRISTINE HALL  who lived on Carbrook street in the sixties .

• 10 months later...

Hi I’m John Gleadall, born in 1951. My sister was Susan Gleadall (1945)  and we both attended Carbrook C of E until 1960 when we moved to Hampshire..
I have enjoyed reading this thread. I remember many of the teachers names but only David Kay’s name and the Kissack family name are familiar to me now. 
someof you may remember Gleadall’s tobacconist at 673 Attercliffe Common - in fact there have been several references to the tobacconist and I’m pretty sure you are referring to Dad’s shop.

many thanks for an entertaining half hour!

On ‎01‎/‎08‎/‎2005 at 02:35, Touche said:

My mother went to Carbrook School, though a bit earlier than this. Joan Peacock was her name. She also has a sister Hilda, brothers Malcolm, George and Geoff. I forget the name of the street...there was an old joiners workshop on the corner and it met Broughton Lane near the Bird in Hand. It may have begun with 'M' and ran opposite to Raven something street. The Twiggs lived in the same yard. Any help would be a help to but some names together, it holds good memories for me

Just now, carbrook lad said:

hi joan  ithink you may have mixed up the school with carbrook county inf /juniors on Attercliffe common I went to schoolwith a girl off that mame and she lived  on melviln road also remember her brothers  hope right family and school regards aj

• 9 months later...

anyone know or went to carbrook school around 1936-1940 

my dad maurice hendley [was roberts ] now 89 yrs  lived in golders terrace in carbrook   

has a sister called avril who danced a lot !!

my grandparents were tom and irene [rene] hendley 

they moved to live on ballifield estate @ handsworth in 1956   when i was born