A630 Parkway Upgrade Works

Narrowing the lanes at the end to put an extra lane in and reducing the speed limit to 50.... the main problem with that end of the Parkway is the lack of filter lanes on and off the Northbound M1 and the timing of the traffic lights.
It looks and sounds OK but by all accounts looks a cheap option on a heavily used junction and road.
if this project had have been down South then the whole junction would have been rebuilt instead of trying to squeeze and extra lane in either and making it tighter.

My one real question is the new lane from Catcliffe junction to M1.

Does this mean the footbridge that leads from St Mary's to the top of Nursery Drive is coming down? 

The supports for that bridge will interfere with an additional lane. 

13 hours ago, Colin Foster said:

Oh great 50mph! Funny I was on it the other day and thought to myself at least the last third of the parkway is 70. The whole parkway should be 70.

You can bet your bottom dollar either a scamera or parking space for a scamera van will be in the new works... 

14 hours ago, Colin Foster said:

Oh great 50mph! Funny I was on it the other day and thought to myself at least the last third of the parkway is 70. The whole parkway should be 70.

That would save you 1.75 minutes assuming you made it all 70mph, instead of making it all 50mph.

You emit more pollution and shorten lifespans more at 70mph. Seems like keeping at 50mph is the humane thing to do.