Camera On Laptop

florence kat

Have you looked in device manager to see if it still shows, or an unknown device has appeared?

It might just be a case of reinstalling the device driver from the makers product page.

More details on the laptop would help...make/model & OS etc 😉

6 hours ago, florence kat said:

What is OS?

OS is just a quick way of meaning Operating System. Such as Microsoft Windows, Linux or macOS etc.

Double check the following link to make sure it's the right system and OS and try installing the driver. Click HERE

I tried to do what you suggested.  Now it's trying to "repair" itself!  I opted for "uninstall latest quality update", because I think it was the updating that lost me the recognition of the camera.  It's Microsoft Windows 10, by the way.  I am on a different laptop at the moment.  

3 hours ago, florence kat said:

I tried to do what you suggested.  Now it's trying to "repair" itself!  I opted for "uninstall latest quality update", because I think it was the updating that lost me the recognition of the camera.  It's Microsoft Windows 10, by the way.  I am on a different laptop at the moment.  

The camera or Windows 10 is trying to repair? I've had to remove 20H2 updates on one system, no problems with Windows running after. The second update to 20H2 did fix my initial errors. 20H2 is just a code for the latest (user) release, if you look in 'System' is it showing that version?

Cameras are usually fairly standard and I've never had an issue with them on Win 10. Have you had a read on the Lenovo forum? There might be a simple fix for it on there. 

I have got the camera back hurrah.  The sad thing is that I have no idea how I did it.  I tried to follow the various commands, but it is often quite hard understanding what is meant because of the computer language.  One thing I did was to let it run a very long time to get back to whatever it was trying to get back to.  Thank you for your various suggestions.