Red house pub??

I went the other night (as I'd never been before and it was closed the last time I tried to visit). It needs a thorough steam cleaning or refurb. Probably no coincidence but the beer wasn't in very good shape either (warm and not very creamy handpulled Tetley's). So I won't be rushing back for a while. They had a reggae dj on who played some good stuff you don't often hear. Leaflet says they'll be having bands on too.

I hope it improves and succeeds . With all the flats going up there will be customers. Underneath the grime it does have some nice old features and deserves to be refurbed.

Really? Interesting. :suspect:

When did you last hear it was open?

Yep. Its being run by a couple, and another lad called Dave. One of the girls who rents a room from me in Sheffield is a regular in there, and sometimes helps out behind the bar. I was in there the other weekend (after the Germany v Costa Rica match)

By all accounts there are trying to get it back up and running with some live music and DJ nights, which can only be a good thing.

Whether or not this comes off or not depends on how well they market/advertise it, and how well people respond to it. For the average reveller, it may seem a bit off the beaten track.

my dad and linda used to run it,great pub,i miss it dearly,especialy george the dog

George the Dog = legend all in his own making. The Red House wasn't the same without him. How is your Dad and Linda, we still remember them so much. Me and my mate Russell, his brother Jarrod and sister Jessica used frequent the RH too, keep reminscing about the good times we had in there.

I might have to pop into the new RH, and check it out...but me being me will come out after a few; saying it ain't the same as the RH I used to know.

• 6 months later...

Archived