Grimesthorpe Part 3

geotom

What is wrong with giving someone your name when asked,when you in turn are asking about a guys immediate family ! Bowls has obviously ignored this request and moved on to another contributor.As for jad279,he has freely stated many times that he is called Jim,a user name has nothing to do with it !!  regards Botham lad thats because i used to live on Botham street and i was a lad at the time. Cheers.

I'm back can anyone remember the Snell family that had the top shop on Cyclops Street  before the Sharps had it they had a son called David  the next time I saw them was on Blackburn Road in Rotherham when I was working at union carbide in the 70s Bowls

• 3 weeks later...
On 30/03/2015 at 09:01, johnpm said:

It was Grimesthorpe Rd Primitive Methodist Church opened in 1930's closed about 1967. I went there once or twice for sunday school anniversaries I think while I was at Reform Chapel.

Grimesthorpe Road Methodist Church closed about 1971. I went to the final service there. I was married there in 1967, and my son was christened there in late 1968.  The final service was in1971, I think,  which I went to......my son was about 3 then. I had been a Sunday School teacher there, and Sunday School Queen.