Grimesthorpe Part 3

geotom

On 12/12/2020 at 17:16, gaz 786 said:

Butlers chippy if my memory serves me right but will stand corrected as not 100%sure 🤔Think the pub your on about was the Wellington? 

They were  Butlers on Botham St but the chippy up there was run by a Len Enzer I believe.

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/01/2021 at 20:22, Bhomer said:

Lived at 2 winco road grimesthorpe near Jimmy child's yard anyone remember 1950/60 there

If I remember correctly it was Jimmy Childs who demolished the Grand Hotel in 1973 along with the famous Buccaneer pub.

I visited the yard to buy timber for our house which I was renovating at the time.

echo.

On 11/01/2021 at 20:22, Bhomer said:

On 11/12/2020 at 09:55, St Petre said:

The Hodson pub was at the corner of Draper Street and Carlisle Road.

stpetre

• 2,305 posts
  • Joined Dec 2014
  •         Well it's almost Grimestorpe.!!!!
  •  

Yes they did, I worked there as a delivery lad 1961-62 at Gowers & Burgons-Lyons Street/Petre Street in Pitsmoor.

I've just found this on the Gower & Burgon site. 

Guess what , I did that there for two years and left in August / 60. Did you still have a van for the Friday deliveries. I used to have about twenty five orders and made more in tips that night than I got for the full week. The divers name was Len I think. 

Edited by beezerboy