Grimesthorpe Part 3

geotom

On 02/09/2021 at 11:17, geotom said:

Hi Bowls, yes I think it was, then it moved to The Sheffield Arms, then to The Ball Inn and one was held at the 

British Legion Club in Chapletown.

If you check on 'facebook',   look for 'I'm from Grimesthorpe, and proud of it' there's talk of another reunion

at the Wincobank Hotel, on Newman Road.

The first Sheffield Forum reunion was held in September 2006 in the Sheffield Arms there were four present .

Your goodself George,John Holbrook,the late Ralph Aspinall and me. We then moved to the Ball and they petered out around 2012/2013.

Hope you are keeping well George.

David 71 the last reunion I went to I was was speaking to George Broadhead as he was in my all my classes at Owler Lane secondary school till 1962 and one or two more I  can not remember sorry Raymond Ward was living down Deep Lane at the bottom of Bellhouse Lane the last time I spoke to him 

Sorry yes I’m doing ok hope your the same 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone could anyone tell me what bombed building was on the right hand side of botham street north and the old lady who lived at number on 18 cyclops street there’s no cyclops street on the map 

I was looking for the old lady’s name thank you 

On 17/01/2022 at 15:59, Jim Hardie said:

Thanks for lighting up the map, it shows what might have been.  Did you see what I think are the prices of the proposed 

houses in 1866 and who had bought some of the lots (John Brown). The pink piece below Petre St became a quarry.

Cockshutt Lane now Grimesthorpe Rd, Cyclops St to originally be named Clifton Rd.

Ps, how did you convert to http://??

Edited by beezerboy