Help please! Where to put flyers...

kanga

I'm after some help/advice please!!

I've offered to put some flyers/posters round for a band who are doing a gig in Sheffield, but I'm not really sure of the best shops/pubs to leave them in. So far, I've thought of Jack's Records, FOPP and the Showroom - any suggestions would be gratefully received!

Ta!

Thanks for those constructive comments.

You may think it's a stupid question, but then why waste your time by answering? I'd asked because I assume there will be certain places that are better to target than others, and I thought that someone who'd advertised gigs in the past might have some helpful suggestions.

It's possibly a sweeping statement, but I imagine advertising your Hard House/NRG/Acid Techno UV party to people who are interested in that genre of music would generate more of a response than advertising it at a goth/rock night/establishment, so where's the problem in me asking for some advice?

As for putting them in the bin, I’m not intending on forcing the flyers into the hands of passerbys – I just want to leave them somewhere for anyone who may be interested and wants to take one.

student halls of residence, fob on church street, the Forum has racks, cool wax, reflex and the record shop on west street. Forever changes in hunters bar, national centre for unpopular music, the head shop on west street, rocky horrors (if thats your ting?), blue moon cafe, and just try any hairdressers in student areas, cafes...........i could go on. hope this helps.

:)

It's possibly a sweeping statement, but I imagine advertising your Hard House/NRG/Acid Techno UV party to people who are interested in that genre of music would generate more of a response than advertising it at a goth/rock night/establishment, so where's the problem in me asking for some advice?

:wave: forgive me for being flippent, twas early in the mornin... to be fair we put posters & flyers every where we can and don't forget that just coz peeps are at rock/goth night can be quite oftern into other stuff and go to other nights too, carry the flyers with you and leave a few anywhere you see others and give them to peeps you chat to... it all depends on how many you have!!!

also depends on what you wanna do for them... walk around a few shops or stand out the front of a club at 3am???

good luck, it's fun but not easy :thumbsup:

:wave: forgive me for being flippent, twas early in the mornin... to be fair we put posters & flyers every where we can and don't forget that just coz peeps are at rock/goth night can be quite oftern into other stuff and go to other nights too, carry the flyers with you and leave a few anywhere you see others and give them to peeps you chat to... it all depends on how many you have!!!

also depends on what you wanna do for them... walk around a few shops or stand out the front of a club at 3am???

good luck, it's fun but not easy :thumbsup:

Hmm, I'm happy to help but I'm not sure standing outside a club at kicking out time was exactly what I had in mind!! Like you say, I don't want to stereotype people, but on the other hand I'd rather put the majority of flyers where they're going to have a good chance of reaching people who are interested. I've got a few other ideas now and hopefully I might get a few more before I need to start distributing! Ta.

Archived