The Great Big Chav Megathread... ALL discussion of Chavs here.

What is the cause of the chav phenomenon?  

311 members have voted

1. 1. What is the cause of the chav phenomenon?

• Its a media construct and we are focussing on an existing problem.
    • They are a product of social division and exclusion.
    • They are just born evil.
    • I don't care - just wipe them out!
    • Other (please say what)

Originally posted by t020

On the contrary.... the word actually has Southern origins.

Yes, I can see why you say that - because there is a link to a website about the folk of Chatham! Chatham, Kent.

These are interesting too:

http://www.craptowns.com/html/frontsection/craptowns/30_5/england.htm Crap Towns

Just noticed my town is on there ;). At least we're not as bad as Thamesemad - ironically it's not nominated! (Click Erith, and you'll find out about my town)! I live the Northumberland Heath end, but we're still "Erith, Kent".

Chatham, Kent is mentioned in there too... there was a link from the Chav site to antother site about Chatham.

http://www.theidler.co.uk - Purely hilarious!

Have you ever popped to the shops minding your own business, taking in the scenary etc... only to be stopped by a lambert and butler stinking chav asking if you would go and get them booze or fags from the local shop? They even try to tempt me with a £1 tip... PAH!

I had it happen to me once, and I pretended to be deaf! after he had almost bust a gut trying to get me to hear I just said quietly "theres no need to shout" the look on his face was priceless.

On a couple of occasions I've seen a young woman buying booze for the local vandals.

I feel like getting hold of her and saying, it's ok buying them booze but it wont be your property they'll be vandalising tonight, it'll be mine, you stupid bleep!!!

I am trying to get her reg number but I don't know if the police would do anything? Anyone know?

Police do anything? give me a break.

When I walk to the boozer on a Friday night there are always around 20-30 of this sub-breed milling around the offy. Clearly most of them are under age, swigging on Special Brew which I assume they've just bought or been bought. Swearing, spitting, littering, fighting, hassling passers by.. pick your offence. I can see them, you can see them.. the shops are on the main road into town (Birley Moor Road) so the police don't have the inconvenience of having to go onto an estate or anything nasty like that.. why can't the police see them?

Makes my blood boil it does!

Yep bin asked before outside Netto on the manor, these obviously 13 year old lasses dressed up like how they think 18 year olds look asking me to get them booze!

Im sorry but if Im getting booze then Im getting it for myself plus the fact I still get ID'd in shops and Im nearly 21 ffs!!!!

I used to get it when I worked at Spar, the little kids who could hardly see over the counter asking for fags! Yep mate come back in a few years time and maybe then I'll give you some

At the risk of sounding like an old codger I would never have dared to ask random passers by to buy me stuff I have much too respect for my elders :wink: the youth (sorry yoof) of today is beyond belief and scarily enough they are our future! :shock:

Archived