The Great Big Chav Megathread... ALL discussion of Chavs here.

What is the cause of the chav phenomenon?  

311 members have voted

1. 1. What is the cause of the chav phenomenon?

• Its a media construct and we are focussing on an existing problem.
    • They are a product of social division and exclusion.
    • They are just born evil.
    • I don't care - just wipe them out!
    • Other (please say what)

I work in our local shop at the weekend and I'm always getting little boys and girls coming in asking for fags.

One is so persistant, he must have memory loss because every week for the past 6 months or so he's been getting refused because he doesn't have ID. Sometimes when I'm really angry I could swing for him, he drives me bonkers.

I had a right cocky one last week. When I asked him if he had ID he said no, I don't need it I'm 17. Well obviously I had to serve him then because he'd told me he was 17!!!! Why on earth didn't I think of just asking them their age??? Silly me. :D

The ones that swear at you when you refuse them are so funny. I often feel like saying come on love wipe your eyes, don't cry.

Heh Wavey... You wrote

'When I walk to the boozer on a Friday night there are always around 20-30 of this sub-breed milling around the offy. Clearly most of them are under age, swigging on Special Brew which I assume they've just bought or been bought. Swearing, spitting, littering, fighting, hassling passers by.. pick your offence. I can see them, you can see them.. the shops are on the main road into town (Birley Moor Road) so the police don't have the inconvenience of having to go onto an estate or anything nasty like that.. why can't the police see them?'

Its these shops that made me start this thread! Its stupid when you have to prepare yourself with some witty lines to say no to them as no doesnt seem good enough anymore... Can a man not get his beer in peace??? Pah!

Originally posted by Mosherchik

Im sorry but if Im getting booze then Im getting it for myself plus the fact I still get ID'd in shops and Im nearly 21 ffs!!!!

:lol:

Im 18 and I never get asked for ID hardly ever (shops or pubs)

The trick is to buy bizarre0 belgian beers (which I only drink anyway lol)

LOL small world eh?

I reckon next time one of the little gits asks me I'll take the money and buy something for myself or spend it on chocolate for them and say I misheard.

My missus goes mad at me for being like Victor Meldrew when it comes to Chavs, it takes all my effort not to say something to em when they've done nowt LOL

I've had the pleasure of being asked by chavs to get them some fags and booze. This wasn't in Sheffield I hasten to add. When I refused they promptly offered to redecorate my car which I'd just got out of parked outside the shop. On that note I decided to leave and try the next shop.

Archived