The Great Big Chav Megathread... ALL discussion of Chavs here.

What is the cause of the chav phenomenon?  

311 members have voted

1. 1. What is the cause of the chav phenomenon?

• Its a media construct and we are focussing on an existing problem.
    • They are a product of social division and exclusion.
    • They are just born evil.
    • I don't care - just wipe them out!
    • Other (please say what)

Originally posted by t020

They're not, its just that there are more residents liable to vandalise anything in sight. If people from the more deprived areas took more pride in their area rather than vandalising things, maybe their areas wouldn't look as if they are neglected (even though they receive more council funding than the affluent areas due to a policy of over-compensation). I'm not saying that *all* people in deprived areas are vandals though, so please don't take it that way, but if you think a grass verge needs cutting or some litter needs moving, why not do it yourself and take some pride in your area? Set up neighbourhood watch schemes to try to combat the vandals that destroy any efforts by the council to regenerate the area. Work together to make your area a nicer place. Don't blame the council.

why dont you just say you are a snob and be done with it:loopy:

Originally posted by city_dweller

I was on west street and a chav said the following :

<chav> Oy you, you we're looking at my mate, you wanna {swear word} smack.

I diffused the situation and took the guy for a drink and explained why behaving this was was only decreasing the quality of his own life. We had a good chat, I spoke to him about various problems he had in his life and we discussed how he could take some positive action to make his life better.

i tried a similar approach a couple of years ago. I was in the process of getting 'kicked off on' by a couple of scallies for nothing more than walking home and minding my own business. I decided to keep calm and offer the guy a cigarette. I then got bottled! Don't think I'll try that approach in the future.

Anyways i've noticed that the sheffield chavs are still a bit behind fashion wise. Just wait till the chav girls start wearing tracksuits that look like pyjamas in really minging pastal colours. Chav boys will also start wearing really disgusting sky blue and light grey tracksuits. Chav/scallie fashion just goes from bad to worse!

Originally posted by uncleheed

Has anyone else noticed the growing amount of chavs in Sheffield?It started off with a few and they seem to be breeding at an alarming rate.Everywhere you go now there is all these pikey lookalikes stare at you like **** because you dont have your trousers tucked in your (white)socks.

It's about time we had cull on all these ratboys

i thought all ppl from sheffield were chavs???:confused:

you dress like it anyways!

Archived