The Great Big Chav Megathread... ALL discussion of Chavs here.

What is the cause of the chav phenomenon?  

311 members have voted

1. 1. What is the cause of the chav phenomenon?

• Its a media construct and we are focussing on an existing problem.
    • They are a product of social division and exclusion.
    • They are just born evil.
    • I don't care - just wipe them out!
    • Other (please say what)

Originally posted by Andy78

That's exactly right! everyone from sheffield is a chav! I'm a hybrid chav/scallie being scouse and living in sheff. Just like everyone in wales wears sheeps wool. ;)

The only reason we wear sheeps wool is to camouflage us when we are trying to catch sheep to chag them

As good old Black Adder says so rightly: 'Wales is a terrible place, Tall, sinewy men roam the valleys scaring people with their close-harmony singing! never ask for directions in Wales, you'll be washing spit out of your hair for weeks!'

The term term chava orginates from newcastle (were im from orginally) and I have to say the chavas in newcastle are of a much higher breed than sheffield.

Not only do you get the; tracksuits, burbery, fake Louis Vuitton clothing/bags, bleached/stripey hair, bad perm, mountains of bling adorning their body, huge trainers, lots of make-up, as many ear piercings as they can fit in their ears, a tub of hairgel placed on top of their heads and of course a baby! But in Newcastle you get the added advantage of an attitude problem. Imnot saying Sheffield chavas dont excel in this within some areas but in Newcastle their brilliant and highly entertaining!

Also a chava will never think their a chava they will will always think someone is more of a charva than they are.

If you are still clueless over what is a chava search "blazin squad" on the internet.

Personally I call Sheffield chavas townies as I like to reserve chava for those special people (!) at home.

"IMO there should be anti-chav laws, any chav spotted in the city should be given a 20 pound fine and instructed to "de-chav"."

they would be rolling in cash if they start at the market end of town..maybee the council could use the extra cash ... hehe

We have just found where it all come from.

You know how people say you naver see a baby pidgeon or where do baby spiders live, well we found last night where all the baby chav's come from.

We took the kids skating and went to the Silver blades, on Queens road. B****r me, what a laugh.

As far as the eye could see it was burbury caps and young kids smoking and swearing.

If you have a hour spare on a night have a ride down there, its pure entertainment.:P

Dear all, thanks for broadening my education and it's so funny too!

As to elements of the old North/South thing. Bad behaviour and laughable clothing are just more prevelant in some areas than others.. it is city wide thing.

Last year I was walking my dog near Wire Mill Dam and heard some loud splashes and an animated racket from a moorhen, as I came out of trees there were 4 people who I now realise were Chavs (thanks to the Forum) standing at the edge of the Dam. My impression was that they had been chucking bricks at a moorhen's nest.

I decided to sit on a bench and take a rest with my soft-hearted dog (who fortunately looked like a wolf.) The youths slouched off after two or three minutes, climbed into their red Chavmobile and roared off on the back road to Dore.

Anyone got any stories about Dore? There were a lot of complaints about prototype Chavs up there a few years ago.

Archived