The Great Big Chav Megathread... ALL discussion of Chavs here.

What is the cause of the chav phenomenon?  

311 members have voted

1. 1. What is the cause of the chav phenomenon?

• Its a media construct and we are focussing on an existing problem.
    • They are a product of social division and exclusion.
    • They are just born evil.
    • I don't care - just wipe them out!
    • Other (please say what)

the chav things got way outta hand.. labels guys come on!

yes there are idiots about but branding people is a little sad to say the least.

why do so many people care?

its the trendy new target group for people with nowt better to do!

some one called me a chav and then proceeded to to inform me that it meant Council House Association Vermin, its good job she was kidding.

p.s i love my council estate

Originally posted by da_gleadless

the chav things got way outta hand.. labels guys come on!

yes there are idiots about but branding people is a little sad to say the least.

why do so many people care?

its the trendy new target group for people with nowt better to do!

some one called me a chav and then proceeded to to inform me that it meant Council House Association Vermin, its good job she was kidding.

p.s i love my council estate

I think some people like to think they are better than others. There is nothing wrong with being brought up on a council estate. You are right, there are idiots about but they weren't all born on council estates. There are plenty of idiots who were born with a silver spoon in their mouths but that's probably a good thing what else would they do with their lives if they didn't have a inheritance to look forward to. Are they so much better than people who live on benifits?:D 'Chav' has nothing to do with council house associations or vermin. Chav is almost certainly from the Romany word for a child, chavi, recorded from the middle of the nineteenth century.:clap:

Archived