The Great Big Chav Megathread... ALL discussion of Chavs here.

What is the cause of the chav phenomenon?  

311 members have voted

1. 1. What is the cause of the chav phenomenon?

• Its a media construct and we are focussing on an existing problem.
    • They are a product of social division and exclusion.
    • They are just born evil.
    • I don't care - just wipe them out!
    • Other (please say what)

Originally posted by fhain29

But it works both ways. Some friends from London came over recently and kitted themsleves out in cheap Birkenstocks, saying they were the height of cool in the UK. They walked around town in them and got funny looks from people, because here Birkenstocks are used by the vegetarian wolly jumpers brown rice brigade as carpet slippers....

Whoooo, whooo, whooo, sweet child o'mine

Birkenstocks are not the sole preserve of 2CV driving, pink-spectacled, pony-tailed, wishy-washy liberals.

Liencam wears them, and he only recycles paper, not bottles!!!

Originally posted by Rich

Apparently the Australian equivalent of chavs are called "Bogans".. :rolleyes:

It's kind of similar, but they don't wear the same clothes.

The Bogan uniform is a check shirt over a heavy metal t-shirt, black jeans, ridiculous mullet haircut and bad facial hair. They love crap rock music (etc Jimmy Barnes) and drive a clapped-out 15 year-old V8 Ford or Holden pick-up.

Originally posted by mojoworking

It's kind of similar, but they don't wear the same clothes.

The Bogan uniform is a check shirt over a heavy metal t-shirt, black jeans, ridiculous mullet haircut and bad facial hair. They love crap rock music (etc Jimmy Barnes) and drive a clapped-out 15 year-old V8 Ford or Holden pick-up.

A Ute!

Doug Williams off of Neighbours?!?!

PS - Gotta love the Toyota brothers, na-na-na-na-na Toy-ota!!!

:thumbsup:

There are people in Oceana other than Aussies. They may talk like Aussies, and their flag may be very similar unless you're an astronomer. But they have class, unlike the descendants of the scum of Newgate. They are New Zealanders, and they win rugby matches and great sailing races, and rarely if ever drink Fosters, Strilian fer beer.

Originally posted by buck

There are people in Oceana other than Aussies. They may talk like Aussies, and their flag may be very similar unless you're an astronomer. But they have class, unlike the descendants of the scum of Newgate. They are New Zealanders, and they win rugby matches and great sailing races, and rarely if ever drink Fosters, Strilian fer beer.

You forgot to include that they can talk properly without sounding like they're asking you a question all the time!

Originally posted by buck

You forgot the most important part: Kiwis only use 2 of the 5 vowels. "u". "i" and "a" are interchangeable in New Zealand, hence "fish and chips" is pronounced "fush and chups," for example.

It's hilarious once you're aware of it. They just can't help themselves. If you ever get a chance to see a New Zealand news broadcast, it's like watching a comedy show.

Originally posted by ANGELUS

What is it with Burberry?

Its fooking minging and I would not be seen dead in it.

Its not like CK or Armani really is it?

Going back to chavs again, what is it with us in this country trying to copy america???

We now have gangs on our streets, like the US does except the US gangs dress better and are actually quite hard.. we now have 'cruises' and people modding up their cars- trying to emulate The Fast & The Furious.

I find it quite sad.

It is sad but as long as the powers that be on both sides of the big Pond are up each other's arse, that's the way it'll remain... :loopy:

Originally posted by ANGELUS

What is it with Burberry?

Its fooking minging and I would not be seen dead in it.

Its not like CK or Armani really is it?

Going back to chavs again, what is it with us in this country trying to copy america???

We now have gangs on our streets, like the US does except the US gangs dress better and are actually quite hard.. we now have 'cruises' and people modding up their cars- trying to emulate The Fast & The Furious.

I find it quite sad.

I always thought Burberry was an English thing !

Archived