The Great Big Chav Megathread... ALL discussion of Chavs here.

What is the cause of the chav phenomenon?  

311 members have voted

1. 1. What is the cause of the chav phenomenon?

• Its a media construct and we are focussing on an existing problem.
    • They are a product of social division and exclusion.
    • They are just born evil.
    • I don't care - just wipe them out!
    • Other (please say what)

Originally posted by BoroughGal

I agree with this and it's a bugbear of mine - no one says "I'll see you in A hour", do they? It's "I'll see you in AN hour...."

But equally, you wouldn't say "I'm staying in an hotel" or "I've bought an house"

Contrary to popular belief, certain parts of Stannington are relatively chav free... Just avoid the estates in lower Stannington and come up into the Village area and you'd be fine.

As for asking t020 he'd just tell you to move to S11, specifically Eccleshall... He also likes S7 (Nether Edge) and S10 (Crookes, Fulwood and Broomhill).

Originally posted by bulldog D

Is there any part of our great city that isn't burdened by this modern day epidemic of low lifes. If there is let me know I might consider moving, or would that be capitulation!:confused:

There are none out here, apart from the occasional chav-mobile out for a spin on a sunny Sunday afternoon.

Much more of a menace are the 4x4 driving trippers from tree-lined suburbia who drive in the middle of the road to avoid getting their tyres dirty :rolleyes: , although we don't seem to be plagued with them so much during the muck-spreading season :hihi:

Archived