The Great Big Chav Megathread... ALL discussion of Chavs here.

What is the cause of the chav phenomenon?  

311 members have voted

1. 1. What is the cause of the chav phenomenon?

• Its a media construct and we are focussing on an existing problem.
    • They are a product of social division and exclusion.
    • They are just born evil.
    • I don't care - just wipe them out!
    • Other (please say what)

so would you class yourself as a chav? or is that harsh?

im not a chav and really i can understand why a lot of people dislike certian types eg the ones that get asbo's and mug ppl and do that happy slapping- they are scum. but just cos i dress a certain way i hate it how me and a lot of other normal lasses/ lads who wear sports stuff/ drink int blue ball etc get called chavs- i think its a bit sad of certain individuals to be so obsessed. i mean why look down on sum1 cos they wear hoops/ sports wear/ fake tan etc- they might be a really nice person!! its shallow and there are way more interesting things to talk about! :)

im not a chav and really i can understand why a lot of people dislike certian types eg the ones that get asbo's and mug ppl and do that happy slapping- they are scum. but just cos i dress a certain way i hate it how me and a lot of other normal lasses/ lads who wear sports stuff/ drink int blue ball etc get called chavs- i think its a bit sad of certain individuals to be so obsessed. i mean why look down on sum1 cos they wear hoops/ sports wear/ fake tan etc- they might be a really nice person!! its shallow and there are way more interesting things to talk about! :)

Hear hear, well said! :thumbsup:

yeah i reckon your right, its very stereotypical of people to assume anyone who wears burberry is a chav, but thats just the way some people think.

Bad parenting causes chavs! You know the sort who don't give their kids valuable support and most importantly their time and then are susprised when their kids turn out badly!!

They also mistakenly think that giving their kids trainers/phones/the latest electronic gadgets etc is 'good' parenting when all their kids really want and need is their time and support!

Our schools appear to be churning them out in droves, they are only capable of speaking in sentences made up of one syllable words and give us no hope for the future.

Any teachers out there? What is the problem and could it be solved in schools if you were left to your own devices? We know that parenting produces and nurtures the little buggers so it's no use looking to them for a cure.

This is not a knock at teachers just a simple question to the folk that had them in their charge prior to them being handed over to the probation and prison services.

Our schools appear to be churning them out in droves, they are only capable of speaking in sentences made up of one syllable words and give us no hope for the future.

This is based on the assumption that the chavs in question go to school, an assumption that it may be unwise to make.

Archived