The Great Big Chav Megathread... ALL discussion of Chavs here.

What is the cause of the chav phenomenon?  

311 members have voted

1. 1. What is the cause of the chav phenomenon?

• Its a media construct and we are focussing on an existing problem.
    • They are a product of social division and exclusion.
    • They are just born evil.
    • I don't care - just wipe them out!
    • Other (please say what)

As I've said countless times to countless people, out of all the social groups, who are the ones who cause the most trouble? Yep, chavs. Who decide to pick on everyone and everything that is even slightly different? Again, chavs. Etc. Etc. I could go on.

As I've said countless times to countless people, out of all the social groups, who are the ones who cause the most trouble? Yep, chavs. Who decide to pick on everyone and everything that is even slightly different? Again, chavs. Etc. Etc. I could go on.

Itsthefaultoftherigidclasssystemandthemassmedia, innit?

• 1 month later...

i amonly 15 and foun that once i was at a bus stop and a 6 year old chav with a older brother just randomly started swearing at me and i was just thinking what have i done to them. I believe it just shows how bad chavs are

some of you may find it amusing to laugh at the growing chavvie culture but this is just the tip of the iceberg.All these ratboys are taking over the city and no-one seems to be doing anything about it.

They think it is "a laugh"to hang around local shops drinking special brew,(the only 'special'thing about it is a can has never been drunk indoors)and smoking their strange smelling cigarettes,intimidating anyone who dares go near them.When they have had enough booze they then decide to go and get themselves a car and see how fast they go in 1st gear.

So carry on taking the p**s,but mark my words,the (never been) working classes are taking over the streets,and everyone else can go to hell.

People like that have always been around. When i lived in Sheffield, they used to hang around they Town Hall and practically lived in the Peace Gardens. The so called Peace Gardens was a very unpeaceful place to visit!

I saw a real chav the other day. He REALLY did have his tracksuit bottoms tucked into his white socks. I couldn't stop watching as he walked down the bus to get off. I thought the tucked-into-the-socks thing was a joke about how when the trousers ride up you can see the socks so it LOOKS (haha) as if they're tucked into the socks.

But, no, it's for real. Amazing! :)

Does anyone know why they do it? Is it (as my son tells me) so that when they're shoplifting, the stuff doesn't fall out the bottom?

Does anyone know why they do it? Is it (as my son tells me) so that when they're shoplifting, the stuff doesn't fall out the bottom?

For the same reason everyone had big hair in the 80's or wore leg warmers with high-heeled shoes, or "ice wash" bleached jeans, or why 50% of the people on West Street have a mullet, or thir jeans hangin off their arse, for the same reason almost every man in UK owns a "vintage effect" polo shirt.

Archived