The Great Big Chav Megathread... ALL discussion of Chavs here.

What is the cause of the chav phenomenon?  

311 members have voted

1. 1. What is the cause of the chav phenomenon?

• Its a media construct and we are focussing on an existing problem.
    • They are a product of social division and exclusion.
    • They are just born evil.
    • I don't care - just wipe them out!
    • Other (please say what)

I know, lets just get personal! Idiots!

Please don't start getting into personal name calling, y'all know what the Mods are like about that sort of thing.

Have I said the word chav is not derogatory?

So, calling someone a chav IS derogatory ?

I just need to know where you stand, do you think it is, or it isn't, a derogatory name ?

And if it isn't why do you think it's ok compared to other derogatory names used for other groups of people ?

So, calling someone a chav IS derogatory ?

I just need to know where you stand, do you think it is, or it isn't, a derogatory name ?

And if it isn't why do you think it's ok compared to other derogatory names used for other groups of people ?

eh!!!!! this has been your stupid arguement not mine. Trolling is band did u not know.:loopy:

eh!!!!! this has been your stupid arguement not mine. Trolling is band did u not know.:loopy:

Asking a question is not trolling, though accusing someone of trolling is the first defense when you can't answer the question.

Again,

1) Do you think chav is a derogatory word or not ?

2) If it's not derogatory why isn't it ?

3) If it is derogatory why is it ok to call someone a chav but not ok to call someone any of the other names mentioned in this thread

And i'm not dragging race into it, I was just pointing out that race related names are not allowed whereas anything else seems to be ok.

Please and questions 1 thru 3, if possible, they are not hard.

Asking a question is not trolling, though accusing someone of trolling is the first defense when you can't answer the question.

Again,

3) If it is derogatory why is it ok to call someone a chav but not ok to call someone any of the other names mentioned in this thread

And i'm not dragging race into it, I was just pointing out that race related names are not allowed whereas anything else seems to be ok.

You just don't get it do you.

Chav is a lifestyle that you can change!!

Race is something you can not change!!

To answer your pathetic question, if I was to go up to someone and just call them a chav of course it would be derogatory and I would expect retaliation. Why don't you watch Jeremy Kyle, I think you need education on chav's because you seem to lack its definition. Whilst you are there a good education in black history would be beneficial as you seem to lack a lot of thought in your questions regarding race. To even think about comparing these two aspects shows you lack education & I do not mean that in a derogatory way!!!!:roll:

Again,

I know you asked someone else these questions but I'll give you my answers.

Yes, chav is a derogatory word. However, I don't equate hatred of chavs with hatred of other races. If you are abused because of the fact that your skin is a particular colour there is nothing you can do to change that fact. If you are abused because someone perceives that you are a chav (and when it comes to abuse I suggest that chavs are more likely to be dishing out abuse than receiving it) there are things you can do to change that perception.

You can choose to wear clothes that are different to those your friends are wearing rather than similar. You can choose to learn more of the language called English which many people in this country use. You can choose to stop pretending that the place you come from is like South Central in Los Angeles. You can choose to do something with your time other than hang around places looking to cause trouble. You can choose to talk about something other than your criminal career, how often you get out of your tree or how many people of the opposite sex you've had unprotected sex with. You can choose to try to speak in something less than a shout. You can choose not to post a picture of yourself on a website which is a pikier version of Myspace where people make enemies with people from neighbouring postcodes such as the following site and the ones to which there are links on it:

http://pic6.piczo.com/sheffield-city-soljaz-scs/?g=1

So calling someone a chav may be unpleasant for the chav in question but it may also be helpful to them because it could deter them from following a path which could end in them being stabbed to death by another chav in an utterly pointless argument and encourage them to follow another path which leads to them becoming a more civilised person.

Archived