Princess Latifa Kidnapping

4 hours ago, Cyclecar said:

Hi Nikki-Red. I would never object to another's post,  the original poster  posed a question - I was trying to answer politely with an opposing  view.  The great strength of this Forum is that you show opinions from all directions, political, social, etc.  They reflect the real mix we have in this City. Indeed you may have carried a post from the local secretary of the Flat Earth Society - although I missed it. 

I accept your admonishment in good spirit.

Here here! People who hold views which some may consider controversial, absolutely should be allowed to be air and debate them.

I think I probably disagree with your view that it isn't our concern though. Where would you draw the line? How severe do human rights abuses overseas have to be before it's our concern?

6 hours ago, Jeffrey Shaw said:

But it's odd how much influence is still wielded globally by such undemocratic countries. I'm always puzzled, too, when undemocratic countries pop-up chairing things like the UNO 'human rights' malarkey!

Money. They have lots of it. Money, money and more money. Money gets you everywhere.

Edited by Anna B

39 minutes ago, *Wallace* said:

Look what that country did to Jamal Khashoggi and they got away with it.

That was Saudi Arabia. The ones we sell all those weapons to so they can perpetuate the humanitarian crisis in Yemen, creating thousands of refugees that we don't want and treat like crap.

On 18/02/2021 at 10:11, Delbow said:

That was Saudi Arabia. The ones we sell all those weapons to so they can perpetuate the humanitarian crisis in Yemen, creating thousands of refugees that we don't want and treat like crap.

Saudi Arabia is very corrupted....

But so are the majority of the world's government's....

"If we only did business with nice people there would be no-one to do business with at all"....

That's the truth of it very sad indeed...

I fear for the Princess that is missing and strongly think the Saudis should show proof of life just to put this matter to bed....