Police Are Now Social Services?

1 hour ago, RollingJ said:

I don't know whether I do or not, to be honest - but do you not agree that most of the currently banned substances would have a major detrimental effect on society as a whole if they were sold in your corner shop?

Do you smoke? Would you do cannabis or coke if it was legal, I wouldnt.

Alcohol was once illegal, that didnt work. I dont know if more people would do drugs, but it would mean people were not criminalised at a young age.

Is our system of drug regulation working, no, definitely not.

34 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

But more widespread if you can just walk in to a corner shop and ask for half a dozen wraps of coke (for instance) Currently, because they are 'illegal', they are consideably harder to get hold of.

All the people that smoke, are obviously ok with the health issues; many give up for a healthier life. People dont take some medications because of the side effects, many dont want the COVID vaccine because of posible side effects. Many sensible people, dont smoke, dont do drugs because they are not healthy.

46 minutes ago, Michael_W said:

....... of course there would be no domestic violence under a Labour government eh, mental health issues have been recently exacerbated by a national lockdown, but have also become more prevalent by media induced paranoia, both online and in the mainstream, societies so called 'progress' over the last 30 years or so has been etched with the constant desire to claim some sort of victim hood, there has always been good and bad people and everything inbetween, but as a society we have lost perspective in a cult like self righteous pursuit, very little to do with your nonsensical claim about what people have been voting for, because people have generally just been voting against the alternatives, or have you not noticed !

Police work much like the work of many others these days is hindered by much of the modern day nonsense driven by so called progressives.

Well said, @Michael_W

41 minutes ago, El Cid said:

Do you smoke? Would you do cannabis or coke if it was legal, I wouldnt.

Alcohol was once illegal, that didnt work. I dont know if more people would do drugs, but it would mean people were not criminalised at a young age.

Is our system of drug regulation working, no, definitely not.

All the people that smoke, are obviously ok with the health issues; many give up for a healthier life. People dont take some medications because of the side effects, many dont want the COVID vaccine because of posible side effects. Many sensible people, dont smoke, dont do drugs because they are not healthy.

I used to smoke, until the financial price got silly.  I tried cannabis,  about 30 years ago - once - and decided I didn't like it, never touched it since.  More people, especially the younger ones probably would and as the illegal ones are much more addictive and dangerous, you would have an explosion of problems for an already overstretched health and police service to deal with.

The reducing number of smokers are obviously OK with the health risks, yes some give up for health reasons (or financial, as in my case). You obviously don't take medication if the side effects outweigh the benefits - I stopped taking any Cholesterol drugs as my body reacted negatively to them, but my levels have dropped below the 'warning' level even without them.

As to the possible side effects of the CV19  vaccine - are they  worse than death? Or are they actually a anti-vaxxer percieved problem?

Edited by RollingJ

2 hours ago, Michael_W said:

....... of course there would be no domestic violence under a Labour government eh, mental health issues have been recently exacerbated by a national lockdown, but have also become more prevalent by media induced paranoia, both online and in the mainstream, societies so called 'progress' over the last 30 years or so has been etched with the constant desire to claim some sort of victim hood, there has always been good and bad people and everything inbetween, but as a society we have lost perspective in a cult like self righteous pursuit, very little to do with your nonsensical claim about what people have been voting for, because people have generally just been voting against the alternatives, or have you not noticed !

Police work much like the work of many others these days is hindered by much of the modern day nonsense driven by so called progressives.

I don't know what it would have been like under a Labour or any other government, that's not the point. The point is that if a state spends less money on mental health, substance misuse, domestic violence and children's social care services, all of which are to some extent preventative, then more of those issues will fall to emergency services to deal with. They don't just disappear because you start spending less on them, obviously. 

4 hours ago, RollingJ said:

But more widespread if you can just walk in to a corner shop and ask for half a dozen wraps of coke (for instance) Currently, because they are 'illegal', they are consideably harder to get hold of.

I can buy a bottle of vodka a day at my corner shop, probably for a tenner and consume one every day. Is that more or less dangerous than a tenners worth of weed?

7 hours ago, El Cid said:

But what we are doing now, is not working. Do you agree that drugs are one of the polices main problems?

Not a response to your question but why do people have to feel happy all the time ? Feeling  a bit fed up  ? Take a drug. I know people who say ". I don't feel normal unless I take drugs" rubbish, being anxious or down are normal feelings