Litter In Sheffield?

El Cid

1 hour ago, spilldig said:

I 100 %  agree anyone who damages a bin should have to pay, but that statement says if Veoli damage the bin you pay because it states again and  I qoute," If you have a damaged bin you pay 27 pounds for a replacement".  Same applies if they loose your bin it says you pay.

That doesn't matter either carosio because as I read it however the bin becomes not fit for use, you pay, because thats the way it reads.

I found some information that veolia charges the £27 for "administrative and delivery costs".

There are commercial retailers where you can get one for around £60 with free delivery.

58 minutes ago, carosio said:

Going off topic I know, but Veolia state that the admin charge is set by SCC. On SCC's website the page on the SCC/veolia contract give links which do not open.

Hmmm... :huh:

I wonder how much they'll be charging us for a new one? :(

1 hour ago, carosio said:

Going off topic I know, but Veolia state that the admin charge is set by SCC. On SCC's website the page on the SCC/veolia contract give links which do not open.

I googled it and came across that statement about Sheffield Veolia somewhere. It doesn't really matter to me our black bin has been and is still fine and has 1993 printed on the lid.

10 minutes ago, dutch said:

I googled it and came across that statement about Sheffield Veolia somewhere. It doesn't really matter to me our black bin has been and is still fine and has 1993 printed on the lid.

Not wishing to turn this into a competition for who has the oldest wheelie bin in Sheffield, but...

... mine has 1992 moulded into the lid, and is still functioning perfectly! :)

But then unlike some on here, I tend to use it for putting my rubbish in and not for purposes for which it was never designed! :roll:

5 hours ago, Mr Bloke said:

Not wishing to turn this into a competition for who has the oldest wheelie bin in Sheffield, but...

... mine has 1992 moulded into the lid, and is still functioning perfectly! :)

But then unlike some on here, I tend to use it for putting my rubbish in and not for purposes for which it was never designed! :roll:

Not everyone is like you, the city is full of their rubbish.

I use my bin for our rubbish and for other people rubbish who leave it on our road.

• 2 months later...

What it is people who drive to the edge of the countryside with junk food, stuff their faces with it then throw all the packaging out of the window 😡  ???

McDonalds, KFC and Red Bull are all regular offenders but seriously who drives to a remote spot with a packet of Maltesers cake bars to admire the view then left the packaging I found behind? I’m starting to think them eating this rubbish causes brain damage