New World Of Football Centre Proposed

bassett one

On 08/03/2019 at 08:20, Pkingy said:

Who actually owns the ground there are a few bus company's in Sheffield now and which company do you need to belong too to become a full member

SYPTE own the ground previoulsy it was sheffield transport then SYT then when they deregulated the bus service it passed over to the sypte

No sypte sold to the council about 10 years back.

On 08/03/2019 at 08:01, bassett one said:

its pretty straight forward a  football ground presume 4 sides, a cricket pavilion and pitch area,a area for trophys and the rules ect of how football came about and car parking from what was said,it will need a road inwards ect for coachs i presume and be open for football upto 3 times a week as they will play there teams there,it sounds great,i presume a big function room for partys ect. plus training facilities,so lots of cash to be invested

A bit more detail than that I was meaning.

I will reword.... I look forward to seeing a proposed plan.

i agree ,i presume it will look fantastic and SCC will get several million for the ground ,but i hope thats spent on the s 8 area,but alas i presume it will end up at the other end of the city,which would be a great shame,will nearby housing become worth less money? there are a few questions that need to be answered,it would be nice if s8 got some of the cash for its own area

5 hours ago, bassett one said:

i agree ,i presume it will look fantastic and SCC will get several million for the ground ,but i hope thats spent on the s 8 area,but alas i presume it will end up at the other end of the city,which would be a great shame,will nearby housing become worth less money? there are a few questions that need to be answered,it would be nice if s8 got some of the cash for its own area

Houses worth less? doubt it none nearby or the really expensive ones now.

Personally if this goes ahead the council should use this opportunity to sort the back path in between the sports club and low edges. Whatever is built for whoever I would have thought lots of grant money should be available.

yes that would be nice, and i would hope the stadium would be open for other activities for the community to enjoy,we dont have a climbing rock this side of the city that would be nice,the back path sorted making  it easy to visit,yes it will be good,but the locals must be considered and gain from the SCC profits.

I would like to know who are the actual freeholders of that site.

I always thought it belonged to the employees of Sheffield Transport  originally, then SYT, etc.

In the past it's been coveted by Tesco, as it is on the junction of the A61 trunk road and the Sheffield ring road. Minty.....  And no doubt any number of housebuilders, it's a prime plot of land.

But I don't suppose it will be the San Siro.