New World Of Football Centre Proposed

bassett one

went there a couple of years ago and it needs a big refurb at olive grove,simular to the transport ground,but olive grove would of been truer to the history,but i expect meadowhead will be good,but its the traffic that may cause a problem.

• 2 weeks later...

I wouldn't worry too much about visitors to the football thing - it'll be single figures per day. There's a big difference between what Manchester offers & it's (fairly central) location compared to what Sheffield will be offering which is (comparatively) remote & not near any other attraction

1 hour ago, MJ01 said:

I wouldn't worry too much about visitors to the football thing - it'll be single figures per day. There's a big difference between what Manchester offers & it's (fairly central) location compared to what Sheffield will be offering which is (comparatively) remote & not near any other attraction

I think that you are referring to the proposed museum, but the main attraction is going to be their football matches.

The proposal is for a 4,000 capacity stadium. Even with 50% attendance this is going to considerably change local traffic.

We will have to wait for their planning application before we can see what on-site parking is to be expected.

Edited by enntee

thought it was a 5,000 stadium?,but add that to a visitors centre,which will be popular ,add staff,3 teams,i am not saying huge crowds,but take saturdays at the round about add a few hundred extra cars,they will say loads of buses ,like the said for st james retail,but it never works like that,i hope it goes ahead, and puts sheffield on the football map,but i also hope that theres lots of parking and a good entrance,but where do you put a main entrance? are they keeping the transport club? are they keeping the cricket ect?,football training? theres a lot of questions to answer,but i hope it opens.

4 hours ago, enntee said:

I think that you are referring to the proposed museum, but the main attraction is going to be their football matches.

The proposal is for a 4,000 capacity stadium. Even with 50% attendance this is going to considerably change local traffic.

We will have to wait for their planning application before we can see what on-site parking is to be expected.

Sheffield get about 250 at home when they are doing well. A 1000 seater stadium would be more than enough. Even if they apply for a 20000 seater stadium it will still only have 200 fans in it

32 minutes ago, MJ01 said:

Sheffield get about 250 at home when they are doing well. A 1000 seater stadium would be more than enough. Even if they apply for a 20000 seater stadium it will still only have 200 fans in it

I think that a new stadium in Sheffield will encourage more fans, If their season ticket prices are reasonable there'll be Blades and Wednesdayites interested in purchasing.

11 hours ago, abbeyedges said:

I think that a new stadium in Sheffield will encourage more fans, If their season ticket prices are reasonable there'll be Blades and Wednesdayites interested in purchasing.

Not so sure TBH, 4000 seats is a lot to fill, from a starting point of 250 regulars at present.

A stadium of that size with less than a 1000 will lack any sort of atmosphere.

I go to Sandygate and its good because its small, probably 120 souls on an evening, but mostly all in one stand and pitch side near the clubhouse. So you get a bit of atmosphere.

Both Sheffield and Hallam play United and Wednesday pre season, so presumably those United and Wednesday fans have had a taste of non league football. I don't see them coming back week after week.

On a different topic, what are the plans for maintaining community access to the facilities up at Meadowhead?