Wilder Leaves The Blades.

Alextopman

1 minute ago, Michael_W said:

This is what happens when 'someone' controls a football club, not all decisions the owner makes will be agreeable to the paying supporters or right in the long term for the club, I think they have made a big mistake letting Wilder go, he may well personally go on to manage a bigger and better club, but as a Wednesday fan who has seen dem Blades having a laugh at our expense this last couple of years, I will have a little chuckle to myself if this decision backfires when thinking of those :wink:

If this decision backfires it will  only the fans that suffer, the potless Prince will be quids in.

You're entitled to your little chuckle  after all the laughing we do at your club.

From https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55254730

There have been major issues behind the scenes with Sheffield-born Wilder and club owner Prince Abdullah.

The owner felt he had provided funds for new players, including significant spending on strikers Rhian Brewster and Oli McBurnie, over the past two seasons with limited success.

However, Wilder felt this did not go far enough to strengthen his squad to the level required, which led to further tensions.

When the club opted not to bring in new players in January, Wilder knew there was a major issue given the Blades' terrible start to the season.

15 minutes ago, Kelvin Phlats said:

I did give you the heads up. DoF coming in and he was to be given the head coach title and stripped of his managers roll. Nobody with any self respect is going to stand for that.

We'll wait and see.

They've changed their minds now.😂

Nope it was coming though if that's what's planned. I'll not believe it until it happens though, wouldn't surprise me if he's still manager at end of the day.

The bigger they get, the harder they will fall.

Knowing the blades history over the years, last season they reached their pinnacle..

What's happening now was inevitable.

I'm expecting a tough few years ahead.

Hope I'm wrong but next season won't be a walk in the park.

1 hour ago, cmonkes said:

Hotmale's edited short version:

It seems this is all Wilder's decision and whilst it is highly frustrating, you can understand why he is making it. He is a die hard blade and he doesn't want to be the man and fan that relegated them from the top flight. 

Absolutely devastating that it has come to this. 

Great post Monkes.

He'll be forever remembered as the man who took you to the top flight... from obscurity.  Top Manager.

I still don't believe this news, but hats off to Chris if he's walked. To rub salt in to Blades' wounds (IF it's true) I'm quite pleased as an Owl, as I'm sure the next time we meet on the pitch, the Blades will be weaker. That can only be good for us... we'd only lose 2-0 😆

That said, IF and when we play each other again, CW could well be back in the fold. He WILL be back at S2, I have no doubt. How soon that will be, no-one knows. Obviously, it depends on who owns the club. It's obvious HRH cannot afford/fund the number of clubs he has, and a SUFC in the Championship, or maybe lower, would be near the top of his 'delete' list. 

My sympathy goes out to my Blades mates, in fact all Blades.

If true, this is a massive, massive loss.

Edited by Hotmale 1954