Wilder Leaves The Blades.

Alextopman

I'm finding myself feeling conflicted about this news. Wilder gave us 4 fantastic seasons and has been hampered this season by injuries and the unwillingness of the owner to pay Premier League wages to get quality players, but I've been increasingly frustrated by his refusal to try a more attacking lineup despite it being obvious that his system has gone stale and isn't working  and his team selections. I'd have given him until the first third of next season to turn things around but he's gone and we have to look to the future. I really hope that we see bolder tactics and a bolder team selection on Sunday and the remaining games.

The Premiership is just spoiling football know days,o.k you want to get your club to get there for Finances,but can you really compete with the Top 6 to 8 clubs,Wilder as done a Superb job at United,but as he been  unable to attract players to United with the Wages policy?United as been rumoured to bring players in,but they end up some were else,because of the wages these players want,Ollie Watkins was on Wilders list but then Aston Villa was the place he ended up because they were willing to meet is wage demand,John Lundstrum then wanting higher wages but United said no as they didn"t want to change there wages policy just to keep him,if there was a wages gap on football players,then Wilder would have been given a better chance of bringing players in at United,Everyone will be asking what is the termoil between the Prince & Wilder,that made him decide to leave?

Edited by 1295galaxy

What's the major difference on the team this year?

Lets face it, last year the Blades rode to unlikely victory on the back of a phenominal goalie, Henderson.

Wilder took the credit!

In all major sport, to stay consistantly at a high level, you need strength in the one individual position that can make or break a team, and win or lose a game for you.

Baseball - pitcher

NFL - Quarterback

Hockey - Goalie

Soccer - Goalie

Same with a rock group. Need that star front man.

The rest are just a supporting cast, dime a dozen

I am not aware of the number of QUALITY and EXPERIENCED managers out of work at the moment.

Can we have some SENSIBLE names put forward

There will be a dramatic culture change at the club what with Wider's previous background

I personally would prefer a UK manager and who will be responsible for choosing the right guy

It's one hell of a decision to make, bringing the wrong man in could alienate 100's of supporters.

10 minutes ago, Runningman said:

I am not aware of the number of QUALITY and EXPERIENCED managers out of work at the moment.

OK - the only one for me is Eddie Howe.  Taken a club up, kept them there for a while on a limited budget, playing good football.  Always seems to talk sense.  Future England manager - perhaps after taking us up and keeping us up there?

Of course, would he come to us - a club who had a great manager but wouldn't let him get players in when it was clear that was needed due to injuries? 

I think we'll go for the cheap option - Paul Heckingbottom - just promote him, give him a bit more money and hope it works!

Edited by Thirsty Relic

10 minutes ago, Thirsty Relic said:

OK - the only one for me is Eddie Howe.  Taken a club up, kept them there for a while on a limited budget, playing good football.  Always seems to talk sense.  Future England manager - perhaps after taking us up and keeping us up there?

Of course, would he come to us - a club who had a great manager but wouldn't let him get players in when it was clear that was needed due to injuries? 

I think we'll go for the cheap option - Paul Heckingbottom - just promote him, give him a bit more money and hope it works!

Eddie Howe could be a good choice looking at what he did with Bournemouth.

Paul Heckingbottom not for me.

Thinking about some of the managers that the Blades have had in recent years makes me shudder  i.e.  Adrian Heath and Nigel Adkins

Please anybody don't suggest Tony Pulis !!!

Everton and West Ham made 2 good choices in Carlo Ancelotti and David Moyes. Yes I realise we couldn't afford a manager of their status or could we ? 

27 minutes ago, Runningman said:

There will be a dramatic culture change at the club what with Wider's previous background

I personally would prefer a UK manager and who will be responsible for choosing the right guy

It's one hell of a decision to make, bringing the wrong man in could alienate 100's of supporters.

Five years ago knowone outside the lower divisions and Sheffield had not even heard of CW,  He has vast experience in the game and was eventually given the chance to manage the club he supported as a lad and played for SU, and turned the club around, so there  are managers out there outside the run of the mill merry go round managers who given the chance  could just  do a job. I would not at this present time be looking at the Cowleys, Gareth Ainsworth or JamesRowe types to get the Blades back on track but one day i am sure they will get an opportunity who knows. One thing is for sure it will be a good job for someone.

15 hours ago, Jim Hardie said:

Not sure how accurate these websites are.

Sheffield United - All transfers | Transfermarkt

But if he’s spent £120m in two seasons and brought next to no money in, then the owner is entitled to ask why his club is twelve points adrift.

According to that site, only Burnley and West Brom have squads valued less...   so maybe on that basis the owner can't say much...

16 minutes ago, Vasquez Rich said:

According to that site, only Burnley and West Brom have squads valued less...   so maybe on that basis the owner can't say much...

Value is another question. If the club has ended up with a squad so low in the value table, there’s surely even more reason for the owner to query the spending.