Travelling to Maltby

Used to bus commute Maltby to Sheffield and back everyday. The X7 is the best to take but it only runs weekdays during the commuting times. Saturdays - 287 / 286 misses out Rotherham Town Centre so is a bit quicker than bus to Rotherham then taking another bus to Maltby. Think the 287 only runs once an hour though.

It does, hourly via Meadowhall. The X7 was a good service, but kept being depleted - thats why I moved to Sheffield as sick of trying to get to work by bus from Bramley (on the way to Maltby) Now I can use the tram and loads of buses and have cut commuting to a bare minimum from something like an hour on the bad days when Parkway seized up or one of the buses didn't turn up and I had to travel via Rotherham.

On the other hand, I live in Maltby and get low household insurance as its a low crime area.

There are bits that could do with knocking down. The first thing anyone who knows Maltby does is mention The Queens and turn their noses up.

• 4 years later...

i know some of the people mentioned in Camrat78 post as Spud is my Grandfarther and Blue is my Cousin's Ex Husband.

And yes some of the inhabitants are mad/crazy but you will always enjoy the company from them and you will always have stories to tell

I lived there from the day i was born till i was 27 and can say that maltby is the sort of place that when you leave it you really do miss it for whatever reason

And for some of the people that nearly all Maltby people will know from these day are people like Micheal James (Jammy) Graham Mullins, Mick Hughes just a few of the decent blokes i know

I can clearly say once you have been to maltby you will have a good time and a great experience and will enjoy every minute

Archived