Bbc Radio Sheffield Today

16 hours ago, Janus said:

I would say the main reason for contributing to a post is invariably  the interest. Another reason can simply be that someone does not agree with whatever has been posted and feels strongly enough to put their own opinion accross.  

Forum members creating and posting on a thread about Scottish Independence makes no difference to me.

But the words are on the tin - 'Sheffield Forum - For Everything Sheffield'. 

18 hours ago, SFBeca said:

hi @busdriver1 thanks for your comments - not sure if you have seen but the Forum is under new ownership & with a new mod team. 

I must add that the previous mod team did an excellent job, and were well respected on the I’m Bored section. We do get a bit naughty at times but we were always reminded that children read this forum and we understood that.

11 minutes ago, pattricia said:

I must add that the previous mod team did an excellent job, and were well respected on the I’m Bored section. We do get a bit naughty at times but we were always reminded that children read this forum and we understood that.

Absolutely! They've done a brilliant job, was just pointing out that there is a new team in place. 

5 hours ago, abbeyedges said:

Forum members creating and posting on a thread about Scottish Independence makes no difference to me.

But the words are on the tin - 'Sheffield Forum - For Everything Sheffield'

Good afternoon Abbeyedges.  

I am trying hard to   workout where you are coming from. 

Do you feel that a forum based on a specific topic-in this case Sheffield, should not have other sections?

There may well be some forums around with just one core topic. No sub sections, and no deviations . I cannot say I have seen any, but they may exist. However, Sheffield forum has always had a multitude of sub sections while I have been a member. Others may know if that has always been the case from it's inseption .

If I have not grasped what it is that you are not happy with, please feel free to put me right.

39 minutes ago, pattricia said:

Exactly Pat.

Even SFBeca says they did a brilliant job.

What I can't understand is, why replace them with a new team.

By all accounts the old team were "slightly" disappointed at their removal.

Guest busdriver1
14 minutes ago, Padders said:

Maybe the new team dont agree with their views so removed them. A bit of Karma there

27 minutes ago, Padders said:

Exactly Pat.

Even SFBeca says they did a brilliant job.

Eyup Padders.

It wasn’t so much the removal, it was how they went about it.

As for ‘karma’ @busdriver1 we always just followed rules that were set by the old owner. The new team want a different set of rules and that’s 100% their prerogative.

9 minutes ago, nikki-red said:

Eyup Padders.

It wasn’t so much the removal, it was how they went about it.

As for ‘karma’ @busdriver1 we always just followed rules that were set by the old owner. The new team want a different set of rules and that’s 100% their prerogative.

Absolutely! :nod:

So maybe it's time to stop with the bleating and accept it like a grown-up?

One question though - Does anyone really believe that this discussion about moderation (and across several forum threads) would have been allowed to go on for so long under the old regime? :shakes:

1 minute ago, Mr Bloke said:

Absolutely! :nod:

So maybe it's time to stop with the bleating and accept it like a grown-up?

One question though - Does anyone really believe that this discussion about moderation (and across several forum threads) would have been allowed to go on for so long under the old regime? :shakes:

I didn’t bring it up today, do you think I should let people post comments about us and not reply?

7 minutes ago, nikki-red said:

I didn’t bring it up today, do you think I should let people post comments about us and not reply?

Of course not - and it's a valid point!

But my point is that you've been given the opportunity to disagree with how you think the forum is being run without your post being removed or you being treated like a toddler and placed on the naughty step.