May 6th 2021 Elections

9 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

It was a theory, not a fact. Why do you think hartlepool voted for the conservatives?

I think Brexit played a major part, in an are that voted 70/30 to leave, Labour stood a pro remain candidate.

In 2019 Labour lost votes to the BRxit party, this candidate had no chance of winning them back.

Covid may also have played it's part, I think there was a Blue bounce on the back of the vaccine rollout.

Labour really need to get there ducks in line and become the opposition party we all need.

17 minutes ago, convert said:

I think Brexit played a major part, in an are that voted 70/30 to leave, Labour stood a pro remain candidate.

In 2019 Labour lost votes to the BRxit party, this candidate had no chance of winning them back.

Covid may also have played it's part, I think there was a Blue bounce on the back of the vaccine rollout.

Labour really need to get there ducks in line and become the opposition party we all need.

In fairness I couldn't name any of Labour's policies. But then I'm not sure it would really help in brexit strongholds like hartlepool if he had any. He's a remainer and that's going to be a negative in a constituency like that.

I was shocked to hear a neighbour voted Conservative 

Even bought a blue coloured budgerigar after the last election

A blue household, their forefathers would have turned in their graves, always pro Labour and pro working class until 2019

Even the tory budgie is a disgrace

3 hours ago, andyofborg said:

it's a delayed crumble from 2019 and continues the trend. It was not unexpected.

The why is because of covid. We'll find out in a couple of hours whether or not it helps Labour - exciting innit :)

I agree, but the vaccine bounce, not the 120,00+ deaths, people have forgotton about them.

None of the opposition partys had an impact on the Tory vote, so its not just Labour performing poorly.

The Liberal Democrats did even worse than Labour, but no one is calling for Ed Davey to resign.

The Tories have always been better campaigners, except when Blair got Alister Cambell, the magic spin doctor.

1 hour ago, Mr Allen said:

Yes, and your post has been reported for trolling, contrary to what most of the Internet thinks of me I am NOT a retarded moron.

There are certain people who post on here who I enjoy reading what they post and I learn a lot from them, you are  one of those posters who I like and enjoy reading your posts.
You have a disability and it’s only through reading your posts that I know that but  I think you are an  intelligent person. 

I also don’t think Mr Bloke was trolling you.  He may not be familiar with your past posts or the fact that you have a disability, he wasn’t referring to you being disabled and I think if you read some of his old posts you will find it’s his sense of humour.  He is also one of my favourite posters he makes me laugh at times, he might not be everyone’s but he’s not a troll.

A troll is when someone who wishes  you into a early grave because of how you voted and constantly targets you at every  opportunity, and I don’t think Mr Bloke would do that.

Edited by hauxwell

1 hour ago, convert said:

I agree.   I also expect Corbyn, Stamer, Labours mud slinging about the Cayman Islands candidate, and former MP Mike Hill's sexual harassment matter to be one of the many reasons.

1 hour ago, rogets said:

I was shocked to hear a neighbour voted Conservative 

Even bought a blue coloured budgerigar after the last election

A blue household, their forefathers would have turned in their graves, always pro Labour and pro working class until 2019

Even the tory budgie is a disgrace

The tories seem to be the working class party nowadays. Its mostly the middle classes who go for labour now (see e.g a lot of comments on local sheffield facebook groups about labour being middle class only from the local working classes in the area).