Joe Biden The New President Thoughts So Far?

6 hours ago, trastrick said:

I did say he had a likely chance of ending up there, based on the glowing praise he received when he was appointed Special Prosecutor.

Only in your delusions perhaps. A President could nominate him but given he has no experience as a judge then a functioning Senate would probably struggle to confirm him. Of course, a President with aspirations to be an absolute monarch along with a majority in the Senate in thrall to him would probably do it. 

Trump can't hurt you now, he's out of office.

Indeed, he is, but you seem rather enamoured of him.  Disturbingly so...... 

But Biden..........?

The US seems to be retreating from its current global role and that trend will probably continue regardless of who is President.  You should probably stop obsessing about who is US President and worry instead about what will happen to UK or whats ;left of it. 

It’s been reported that North Korea has restarted its nuclear reactor again. Will they be doing nuclear tests in the future again?

Trump did get them to shut it down when he was President.   

It will be interesting to see how Biden handles the situation.  

23 hours ago, Anna B said:

I'm afraid the West is now in terminal decline with Asia ascending.

It’s beginning to look that way to me to.

When you(Trastrick) said:

"Quote from Obama (who advised Joe not to run for President) " "Don't underestimate  Joe's ability to f... things up!""

I asked:

"Where, when and to whom  did Obama say this?"

You replied with nearly two thousand five hundred words of copy and paste, unrelated transcripts with no mention of Obama or Biden. Is the answer hidden in there somewhere?

Instead of 2 500 words of  copy and paste, would it not be easier to actually give the Source and  copy and paste the relevant part.

Again I ask where, when and to whom  did Obama say "Don't underestimate  Joe's ability to f... things up!"?

2 hours ago, Annie Bynnol said:

When you(Trastrick) said:

"Quote from Obama (who advised Joe not to run for President) " "Don't underestimate  Joe's ability to f... things up!""

I asked:

"Where, when and to whom  did Obama say this?"

You replied with nearly two thousand five hundred words of copy and paste, unrelated transcripts with no mention of Obama or Biden. Is the answer hidden in there somewhere?

Instead of 2 500 words of  copy and paste, would it not be easier to actually give the Source and  copy and paste the relevant part.

Again I ask where, when and to whom  did Obama say "Don't underestimate  Joe's ability to f... things up!"?

I believe you answered your own question in the previous post, when you said:

"The comment is attributed to an anonymous Democrat Party worker and relayed to a reporter from a 'left leaning' magazine.

Subsequently picked and spread by around by the extreme right wing media who avoid attributing a source."

That would be correct.

In context, it appears to have its genesis in a Politico article written during the Presidential 2020 campaign, about the attitudes of Obama, and supporters of both Clinton and Biden, during the 2020 election cycle.

Here's the full quote from  Politico, which considered to be a reliable source, at least on all things Trump.

"Biden aides acknowledge that Obama didn’t do nearly as much for Biden in 2020 as he did for Clinton in 2016.

The lack of public enthusiasm for Biden was noticeable enough that former Obama senior adviser Pete Rouse—who was one of the aides who helped Biden organize his potential 2016 run—addressed it at a fundraiser of Obama alumni for Biden last November that he helped organize.

“I think the turnout tonight demonstrates the high regard in which the vice president is held in the extended Obama family,” Rouse told the crowd of about 50 people. “And I think that that message is not out as far as it should be.”

Yet searing, anonymously sourced quotes from Obama kept appearing through the race. One Democrat who spoke to Obama recalled the former president warning, “Don’t underestimate Joe’s ability to **** things up.” Speaking of his own waning understanding of today’s Democratic electorate, especially in Iowa, Obama told one 2020 candidate: “And you know who really doesn’t have it? Joe Biden.”.

There have been countless "unnamed source" negative stories about Trump, indeed the root of the Ukraine Impeachment came from an unnamed source. (which is why I found it neccessary to detail the distortion of what was purported to be overheard in that Trump conversation with the President of the Ukraine, and how the distortion was presented to Congress, and the  live TV audience.)

In addition to augment their ultimately failed charges,  the Democrats cited hundreds of newspaper articles and headlines, and had them placed in the Public Record of the proceedings.

To this day the MSM fiercely defend their use of unnamed sources, as The Washington Post 's media critic, Margaret Sullivan, says

"There is no way to get at the story through talking to the White House press secretary or listening to the spin that is offered by officials who are willing to go on the record," she says.

Here;s The Guardian;

"Unnamed sources, giving unatribbutable briefings, remain a key component of storytelling. Without them many of the stories kisted in our chart (right) would be less balanced, and certainly less factual."

So people have to decide for themselves if stories based on unnamed sources are truth, lies, or somewhere in between.

Edited by trastrick

14 minutes ago, trastrick said:

"The comment is attributed to an anonymous Democrat Party worker and relayed to a reporter from a 'left leaning' magazine.

Subsequently picked and spread by around by the extreme right wing media who avoid attributing a source."

Biden won and is now President and is one for at least another 3 and a half years, So posting reams of stuff about the minutae of who said what to who seems a bit excessive. There are far more interesting  amd relevant things to discuss.  

1 hour ago, trastrick said:

That would be correct.

In context, it appears to have its genesis in a Politico article written during the Presidential 2020 campaign, about the attitudes of Obama, and supporters of both Clinton and Biden, during the 2020 election cycle.

Here's the full quote from  Politico, which considered to be a reliable source, at least on all things Trump.

So there is no "Quote from Obama (who advised Joe not to run for President) " "Don't underestimate  Joe's ability to f... things up!"" just a comment () attributed to an anonymous Democrat Party worker and relayed to a reporter from a 'left leaning' magazine-Politico- in or before 2016 in the context of Obamas support for Clinton.

I am glad you regard a 'left leaning' MSM magazine-Politico- as "...a reliable source, at least on all things Trump".

Certainly not a view held by Trump supporters. These headline and comment are examples.

Edited by Annie Bynnol

52 minutes ago, Annie Bynnol said:

So there is no "Quote from Obama (who advised Joe not to run for President) " "Don't underestimate  Joe's ability to f... things up!"" just a comment () attributed to an anonymous Democrat Party worker and relayed to a reporter from a 'left leaning' magazine-Politico- in or before 2016 in the context of Obamas support for Clinton.

I am glad you regard a 'left leaning' MSM magazine-Politico- as "...a reliable source, at least on all things Trump".

Certainly not a view held by Trump supporters. These headline and comment are examples.

Politico quoted:

----One Democrat who spoke to Obama recalled the former president warning, “Don’t underestimate Joe’s ability to **** things up.”, ----

It was in quotation marks, I posted it ver batim.

You do not appear to understand the correct usage of quotation marks.

As for credibility, Politico is regarded as a trusted source of news, by Forbes (one of the top ten), and Pew Research.

And that's my last word to you on this particular subject. It's getting boring.

Edited by trastrick

2 hours ago, andyofborg said:

Biden won and is now President and is one for at least another 3 and a half years, So posting reams of stuff about the minutae of who said what to who seems a bit excessive. There are far more interesting  amd relevant things to discuss.  

I agree.

Here's something on topic, from today's news.

Two views, one from Fox News, and one from CNN.

"Michael Goodwin: Biden team's meltdown – Afghanistan crisis renews doubts. Is he up to the job?"

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/biden-team-meltdown-afghanistan-crisis-questions-michael-goodwin

"Hurricane, Afghanistan exit and pandemic exacerbate Biden's presidency of crises"

https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/30/politics/president-joe-biden-hurricane-ida-afghanistan-coronavirus/index.html

Take yer pick!

5 hours ago, trastrick said:

I agree.

Here's something on topic, from today's news.

Two views, one from Fox News, and one from CNN.

"Michael Goodwin: Biden team's meltdown – Afghanistan crisis renews doubts. Is he up to the job?"

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/biden-team-meltdown-afghanistan-crisis-questions-michael-goodwin

"Hurricane, Afghanistan exit and pandemic exacerbate Biden's presidency of crises"

https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/30/politics/president-joe-biden-hurricane-ida-afghanistan-coronavirus/index.html

Take yer pick!

A bit of friendly advice:

We don't take Fox News seriously in the UK.

Just between the two of us, I don't think Fox News does, either.

Didn't they recategorise themselves as entertainment, instead of news, so they don't have to back up their stories with even a shred of the truth?