Joe Biden The New President Thoughts So Far?

13 minutes ago, Magilla said:

For Republicans, whether it's true or not doesn't appear to matter any more...

Nearly half of those who still identify as Republicans appear to have given up on a key premise of democracy:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2021/05/17/republicans-are-sprinting-away-democracy/

One of the weaknesses of a democracy was understood by the Founding Fathers of the Republic, namely that opportunistic politicians, could come to power by bribing the electorate with their own money.

The 1st Amendment "Free  speech"

The 2nd Amendment "The right to bear arms"

were inserted to mitigate that possibility.

But with the "cancel culture" rising to denigrate all dissenting voices, and partisan use of government agencies to destroy political opponents, by constructing failed conspiracy theories, to delegitimize duly elected officials, the first is under siege.

And with the rising voices to ban guns coming from would be Presidential candidates, that one is also under siege.

Some question why an innocent, and very popular candidate of their choice, should be hounded from office and even prevented from running again.

Yes, a lot of Republicans have lost faith in their democracy.

But hope springs eternal, and they will not stop fighting to restore their Constitutional Right to elect the candidate of their choice.

49 minutes ago, trastrick said:

One of the weaknesses of a democracy was understood by the Founding Fathers of the Republic, namely that opportunistic politicians, could come to power by bribing the electorate with their own money.

The 1st Amendment "Free  speech"

The 2nd Amendment "The right to bear arms"

were inserted to mitigate that possibility.

But with the "cancel culture" rising to denigrate all dissenting voices, and partisan use of government agencies to destroy political opponents, by constructing failed conspiracy theories, to delegitimize duly elected officials, the first is under siege.

Invariably, by Trump! :?

Trump Attacks 'Cancel Culture' -- But Tried Recently To Cancel These People:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tommybeer/2020/09/06/trump-attacks-cancel-culturebut-tried-recently-to-cancel-these-people/

Donald Trump is the king of cancel culture:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlook/2020/06/30/cancel-culture-trump-mcenany/

Conservatives claim to hate "cancel culture" — but it's the heart of the right-wing agenda:

https://www.salon.com/2021/05/01/conservatives-claim-to-hate-cancel-culture--but-its-the-heart-of-the-right-wing-agenda/

GOP Governor Accuses House Republicans Of ‘Cancel Culture’ Over Liz Cheney:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/andrewsolender/2021/05/04/gop-governor-accuses-house-republicans-of-cancel-culture-over-liz-cheney/

‘I Hope Colin Kaepernick Is the Star Witness’: GOP Called Out for Hypocrisy After Republican Congressman Calls for Hearing on Cancel Culture:

https://atlantablackstar.com/2021/03/02/i-hope-colin-kaepernick-is-the-star-witness-gop-called-out-for-hypocrisy-after-republican-congressman-calls-for-hearing-to-discuss-the-serious-threat-of-cancel-culture/

"RINO" is a term specifically used to "denigrate all dissenting voices"... you know that... right?

Trump must be the most woke person on the planet! :thumbsup:

"Freedom Fries" anyone? :hihi:

And with the rising voices to ban guns coming from would be Presidential candidates, that one is also under siege.

Yawn, a straw-man that bears no relation to reality. 🥱

Some question why an innocent, and very popular candidate of their choice, should be hounded from office and even prevented from running again.

He wasn't hounded from office, he lost an election... fair and square. Trumps woes are entirely of his own creation.

Yes, a lot of Republicans have lost faith in their democracy.

... seemingly, sore losers to such an extent they'd rather do away with it altogether! :loopy:

But hope springs eternal, and they will not stop fighting to restore their Constitutional Right to elect the candidate of their choice.

...but only when you lose... right? :loopy:

They never lost, or have ever been in any danger of losing, that right.

There is nothing to restore other than that which Trump has tried to tear down :?

Trump’s own officials say 2020 was America’s most secure election in history:

https://www.vox.com/2020/11/13/21563825/2020-elections-most-secure-dhs-cisa-krebs

Edited by Magilla

Lol

Couldn't get past this beut!

""RINO" is a term specifically used to "denigrate all dissenting voices"... you know that... right?""

RINO is short form for "Republican in Name only"....you obviously didn't know that... right?

But if you believe that is equivalent to ""denigrate(ing) all dissenting voices". you should send the cite to Pelosi, while she is still in charge of Congress.

I'm sure she has time for another Impeachment, before Novemner!

Lol

Now before I'm accused of running away from the debates, It's stopped raining here after 5 days, and the sun is out again, so I'm on my way to resume my daily walk along the palm tree lined beach, and meet up with smiling friendly faces for lunch.

A cold beer and check out the fresh catch of the day.

You have a nice day too!

Edited by trastrick

39 minutes ago, trastrick said:

Lol

Couldn't get past this beut!

""RINO" is a term specifically used to "denigrate all dissenting voices"... you know that... right?""

RINO is short form for "Republican in Name only"....you obviously didn't know that... right?

:hihi: :loopy:

But if you believe that is equivalent to ""denigrate(ing) all dissenting voices". you should send the cite to Pelosi, while she is still in charge of Congress.

Everyone believes it, that is *precisely* the why the term was coined! :loopy:

Now before I'm accused of running away from the debates, It's stopped raining here after 5 days, and the sun is out again, so I'm on my way to resume my daily walk along the palm tree lined beach, and meet up with smiling friendly faces for lunch.

It'll give you a chance to avoid highlighting your gullibility at every opportunity... for a bit :thumbsup:

Edited by Magilla

23 hours ago, Magilla said:

:hihi: :loopy:

Everyone believes it, that is *precisely* the why the term was coined! :loopy:

It'll give you a chance to avoid highlighting your gullibility at every opportunity... for a bit :thumbsup:

Lol

You should hear the things the "progressives" are saying about the DINO's Machin and Sinema!

13 minutes ago, Magilla said:

Most notable for how rare it is... and who *isn't* using the term...

...Trump finds a new RINO almost every week! :roll: :hihi:

DINO

Democrat In Name Only - WIKI

"In October 2021, The Guardian newspaper applied the term to two Democratic Senators, Joe Manchin of West Virginia and Kyrsten Sinema of Arizona, ..."

Wonder why the Guardian resorted to "denigrate(ing) all dissenting voices"?

If that kind of talk bothers you, you can always drop them a line.  :)

45 minutes ago, trastrick said:

DINO

Democrat In Name Only - WIKI

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democrat_In_Name_Only

Appears to say it was last used by someone actually in the party... in 1908! :roll:

So, once again, thanks for proving my point...

:?

"In October 2021, The Guardian newspaper applied the term to two Democratic Senators, Joe Manchin of West Virginia and Kyrsten Sinema of Arizona, ..."

Wonder why the Guardian resorted to "denigrate(ing) all dissenting voices"?

If that kind of talk bothers you, you can always drop them a line.  :)

The Guardian isn't a politician, or a member of a political party :roll:

As before, the most notable thing about the term is it's hardly ever used, and never by the party leadership...

...unlike it's Republican counterpart! :?

"Cancel Culture" is, and has been for decades, the heart of the Republican party. :thumbsup:

Edited by Magilla

31 minutes ago, Magilla said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democrat_In_Name_Only

Appears to say it was last used by someone actually in the party... in 1908! :roll:

So, once again, thanks for proving my point...

:?

The Guardian isn't a politician, or a member of a political party :roll:

As before, the most notable thing about the term is it's hardly ever used, and never by the party leadership...

...unlike it's Republican counterpart! :?

"Cancel Culture" is, and always has been, the heart of the Republican party. :thumbsup:

Can't read?

""In October 2021, The Guardian newspaper applied the term to two Democratic Senators, Joe Manchin of West Virginia and Kyrsten Sinema of Arizona, ..."

So should The Guardian do less ""denigrateing all dissenting voices"? by using a term you find objectionable. or more, or about the same?