Joe Biden The New President Thoughts So Far?

Just now, The_DADDY said:

All 3 points are absolutely irrelevant. 

Not really, it was almost entirely Trumps plan, not Bidens as you claimed.

The fact is neither you nor I nor anyone else know for certain if Trump would have done a better job. You don't know because it was Bidens plan on Bidens watch. 

No, it wasn't, it was Trumps plan, finished on Bidens watch.

Troops we're already down to record lows in Afghanistan (<2500) before Biden even took office.

Personally I think a 5 year old could have done a better job than Joe Biden did but that's just my opinion 

They could probably work out that implementing the same plan would lead to the same results regardless of who did it too! :?

So, given it really was Trumps plan, how would it have gone down differently if it had been done in May as Trump wanted?

3 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Sweet. Whilst you're hitting up Joe on Twitter can you ask him about his sons 3 missing laptops? 

I don't care one jot how you think I look. 

I mean, you are one with a 15 year long grudge so you are hardly impartial. 

I’ve got no grudge at all.

I think you are hilarious.

Keep going.

1 minute ago, tinfoilhat said:

Is that more or less important than the Afghanistan situation? If its more than the fate of a country then ill get right on it.

It depends what's on them I suppose. 

Why not ask him anyway? 

As the leader of the free world I'm sure The Big Guy is more than capable of dealing with two issues at once. 

It depends what's on them I suppose. 

Why not ask him anyway? 

As the leader of the free world I'm sure The Big Guy is more than capable of dealing with two issues at once. 

I'll get on it now then.

Gives you more time for that afghan thing - you know, the easy thing to fix that you dare not answer or even try and reverse out of.

2 minutes ago, Magilla said:

Not really, it was almost entirely Trumps plan, not Bidens as you claimed.

No, it wasn't, it was Trumps plan, finished on Bidens watch.

Troops we're already down to record lows in Afghanistan (<2500) before Biden even took office.

They could probably work out that implementing the same plan would lead to the same results regardless of who did it too! :?

So, given it really was Trumps plan, how would it have gone down differently if it had been done in May as Trump wanted?

My bold. 

Not really. You yourself admit Biden changed it therefore its Bidens plan not Trumps 

3 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

Because you said a 5 year old could do better. It sounds easy this geopolitics lark. If you've got all the answers, I'll hit old Joe up on twitter and we'll get this whole thing straightened out.

Well it was a while ago but I used to be 5. I think the US should never have staged a large scale invasion of Afghanistan. And once they did, I think they should have regarded it as a pretty much an open-ended commitment so they should not have withdrawn. And having withdrawn I think they should acknowledge the error and go back in because they owe their allies in Afghanistan that loyalty.

So I disagree with everything the US has done in terms of comings and goings. Maybe that could be the new rule of thumb for US foreign policy: do the opposite of whatever your first instinct told you to do. Ok, @tinfoilhat you can contact Joe now. Probably no need to tell him it came from somebody who used to be 5.

Just now, tinfoilhat said:

I'll get on it now then.

Great stuff. 

Let me know what he says. 

1 minute ago, Carbuncle said:

Well it was a while ago but I used to be 5. I think the US should never have staged a large scale invasion of Afghanistan. And once they did, I think they should have regarded it as a pretty much an open-ended commitment so they should not have withdrawn. And having withdrawn I think they should acknowledge the error and go back in because they owe their allies in Afghanistan that loyalty.

So I disagree with everything the US has done in terms of comings and goings. Maybe that could be the new rule of thumb for US foreign policy: do the opposite of whatever your first instinct told you to do. Ok, @tinfoilhat you can contact Joe now. Probably no need to tell him it came from somebody who used to be 5.

We don't agree on much but that post absolutely nails it for me. 

My bold. 

Not really. You yourself admit Biden changed it therefore its Bidens plan not Trumps 

The vast majority of the withdrawal happened, including the setting up the chaos that was inevitable in it's aftermath, before Biden took office!

It was Trumps plan, completed on Bidens watch.

So again, what would have been different if it had happened in May as Trump originally planned, and demanded Biden do in June?

1 minute ago, Carbuncle said:

The first instinct is to blow stuff up so back to isolationism then? Trump would do that for sure - as would the American public. We are starting from scratch - there's no army over there now if we go back in. Given the cost of covid over the last 18 months I'm not sure they'll bother and start another 20 year money pit. Biden, Johnson, nato and everyone else will just ride it through.