Joe Biden The New President Thoughts So Far?

3 hours ago, trastrick said:

As Yogi Berra once opined, "it's tough to make predictions, especially about the future!"

But some are better at it than others.

Most of your claims were based in the past.

Even with hindsight and a raft of verifiable data, you *still* got them wrong!

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, m williamson said:

There is little point in providing Trump fans with facts, they do not view the situation objectively.

Your point is proven.

I'm out! 🥱

Edited by Bamanamanana

3 hours ago, trastrick said:

No obsession, mate!

Just come here to have a little fun with the haters of Trump supporters like yours truly!

I don't subscribe to the threads about British politics, and British political Parties, because other than the news headlines, I don't know much about it. The days are long gone when anything going on in Britain has world import anyway!

Today it's China, America, Russia, the Middle East and the ever watching, uncommitted third world, who make the news!

I would advise all posters to stay in their own lane, so to speak!😃

What irony from the DR

5 hours ago, trastrick said:

We'll just have to file that in the, "16 economists", "51 Intelligence officials", or "19 presidential historians"  opinion bin.

I may be contacting this guy to get an intervention and  cult de-programming sessions, if he can find a couch big enough for me and 70,000,000 other poor souls!  😃

You do that, and while you're at it bear in mind Albert Einstein's comment " Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. "

70,000,000?   A mere bagatelle.

1 hour ago, m williamson said:

You do that, and while you're at it bear in mind Albert Einstein's comment " Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. "

70,000,000?   A mere bagatelle.

1 hour ago, m williamson said:

How true!

A smart man, was Mr. Einstein.

He said of those few rare individuals who were mocked, cursed, defamed, reviled, slandered and vilified, for daring to challenge the conventional wisdom of the day:

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly."

He was referring to men like Socrates, Galileo, and Darwin in the past. But on a lesser scale he could have been referring to men of our times, larger than life figures like  Churchill, Musk, and Trump.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, trastrick said:

How true!

A smart man, was Mr. Einstein.

He said of those few rare individuals who were mocked, cursed, defamed, reviled, slandered and vilified, for daring to challenge the conventional wisdom of the day:

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly."

He was referring to men like Socrates, Galileo, and Darwin in the past. But on a lesser scale he could have been referring to men of our times, larger than life figures like  Churchill, Musk, and Trump.

Churchill and Trump shouldn't be included in the same category. Churchill was no angel, he was corrupt see Burmah Oil.  He held racist views.  He stated he had no problem with using poison gas in certain circumstances " I am strongly in favour of using poison gas against uncivilised tribes " .

Churchill had two get out of jail cards, firstly he was a man of his times, although that's a bit of a weak excuse because others at that time were far more humane. However, he gets away with what he was because he was also a great man.

Trump is not a great man.

As for refusing to bow blindly to conventional prejudices, you could include that little Austrian chap with the dodgy moustache and Genghis Khan plus a load of other villains couldn't you?

It entirely depends upon what the conventional prejudice is doesn't it?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, RJRB said:

What irony from the DR

Irony of ironies!

Biden gets an orange spray tan.

Now you really do have an orangeman in the White House, who has to be dragged kicking and screaming outa there!

God does have a sense of humour!  😄

Just now, trastrick said:

Irony of ironies!

Biden gets an orange spray tan.

Now you really do have an orangeman in the White House, who has to be dragged kicking and screaming outa there!

God does have a sense of humour!  😄