Joe Biden The New President Thoughts So Far?

12 hours ago, m williamson said:

Churchill and Trump shouldn't be included in the same category. Churchill was no angel, he was corrupt see Burmah Oil.  He held racist views.  He stated he had no problem with using poison gas in certain circumstances " I am strongly in favour of using poison gas against uncivilised tribes " .

Churchill had two get out of jail cards, firstly he was a man of his times, although that's a bit of a weak excuse because others at that time were far more humane. However, he gets away with what he was because he was also a great man.

Trump is not a great man.

As for refusing to bow blindly to conventional prejudices, you could include that little Austrian chap with the dodgy moustache and Genghis Khan plus a load of other villains couldn't you?

It entirely depends upon what the conventional prejudice is doesn't it?

Not unless you trot out the old Leftist "moral relativism" arguments.

I'm sure Einstein wasn't talking about Hitler!  😄

I'm sure 

On 09/07/2024 at 04:13, Bamanamanana said:

Most of your claims were based in the past.

Even with hindsight and a raft of verifiable data, you *still* got them wrong!

You are new here, (or are you!, Lol)

Which "claims" are you talking about?

Feel free to post your "verifiable data"! 😄

9 hours ago, trastrick said:

Irony of ironies!

Biden gets an orange spray tan.

Now you really do have an orangeman in the White House, who has to be dragged kicking and screaming outa there!

God does have a sense of humour!  😄

If the Democrats come to their senses then they might get a first woman President with no need for a fake tan and no compulsion to feel free to grab some man by his crotch 😄

6 minutes ago, RJRB said:

If the Democrats come to their senses then they might get a first woman President with no need for a fake tan and no compulsion to feel free to grab some man by his crotch 😄

How rude and a bit personal,  didn't see that thank goodness.

9 hours ago, trastrick said:

Not unless you trot out the old Leftist "moral relativism" arguments.

I'm sure Einstein wasn't talking about Hitler!  😄

I'm sure 

I'm sure as well, but the comment you quoted could also be applied to fascist leaders, all it takes is for gullible believers.

Another thing we can be absolutely sure of is that Einstein would not have been a Trump supporter.

https://www.amnh.org/exhibitions/einstein/global-citizen

1 hour ago, RJRB said:

Nah, she's just another flawed human like the rest of us.

She'll be subject, sooner or later, to having to account for her own dallyings with married men, and her marriage to a white male lawyer (privileged white supremacist? Lol) who's clients included Big Pharma and arms dealers!

It's a tough business being a Presidential Candidate. and she failed miserably first time, against Biden. She also said she "Believed the women" who accused Joe of rape and sexual harassment, so we can expect more fun and games and gotcha! if she gets to bethe nominee, over Joe's dead body!😄

1 hour ago, m williamson said:

I'm sure as well, but the comment you quoted could also be applied to fascist leaders, all it takes is for gullible believers.

Another thing we can be absolutely sure of is that Einstein would not have been a Trump supporter.

https://www.amnh.org/exhibitions/einstein/global-citizen

No again!

Einstein was talking about "Great Spirits", not your funny little guy with the moustache.

"Absolutely sure?", Lol

Smart money would bet that he, as a Jew, would be supporting Israel, like Trump, and not both sides, like Biden!  😄

3 minutes ago, trastrick said:

No again!

Einstein was talking about "Great Spirits", not your funny little guy with the moustache.

"Absolutely sure?", Lol

Smart money would bet that he, as a Jew, would be supporting Israel, like Trump, and not both sides, like Biden!  😄

Eh?  What you going on about? The first four words of my reply to you were " I'm sure as well. " which were in answer to the last two words of your post which were " I'm sure. "

Einstein was a pacifist, he would not have been supporting either side, he would have been calling for a ceasefire, as all reasonable people - whatever their religion - have done.  Thousands of Jews have joined demonstrations calling for a ceasefire and over 600 Rabbi's have signed a Ceasefire Declaration.

Jews are -  like most other people - mainly good decent people, the Israeli government is not controlled by decent people, nor is Gaza.

https://www.ias.edu/ideas/2015/ghodsee-einstein-pacifism

• Like 2