Joe Biden The New President Thoughts So Far?

46 minutes ago, andyofborg said:

I'm not sure if anyone has asked before, but, given the agreement to withdraw was made before he took office, what do people think he should have done? 

Biden should have kept faith with US allies in Afghanistan. Wars never go as the belligerents expect so one should avoid getting into them unless absolutely necessary. Going to war in Afghanistan ought to have been recognised as a fairly open ended commitment and therefore should not have been lightly undertaken. For the US's Afghan allies the war was not in any way optional therefore the US should not have treated it as optional. Ffs, the Afghan government wasn't even represented at Doha where the agreement was made.

• 2 weeks later...

Time for an update?

September 14, 2021

"Biden Underwater On Job Approval And Handling Of Key Issues, Quinnipiac University National Poll Finds'

https://poll.qu.edu/poll-release?releaseid=3819

Joe gets negative approval on his handling of the economy, COVID, foreign policy, job as Commander In Chief, climate change, and direction of country.

The poll is consistent with the last 10 National Polls on Biden's Job Approval.

Ironically, his only positive approval is his "decision" to withdraw from Afghanistan, which he is quick to point out, was a Trump decision he inherited.

1 hour ago, trastrick said:

Ironically, his only positive approval is his "decision" to withdraw from Afghanistan, which he is quick to point out, was a Trump decision he inherited.

Funny how things change eh... given your previous posts, how embarrassing for you... :?

...you forgot the "and the Trump administrations Doha deal was why it was a shambles" bit? :hihi:

1 hour ago, trastrick said:

Time for an update?

September 14, 2021

"Biden Underwater On Job Approval And Handling Of Key Issues, Quinnipiac University National Poll Finds'

https://poll.qu.edu/poll-release?releaseid=3819

Joe gets negative approval on his handling of the economy, COVID, foreign policy, job as Commander In Chief, climate change, and direction of country.

The poll is consistent with the last 10 National Polls on Biden's Job Approval.

Is this your 'distract from the embarrassing failure of the Republicans to recall the Democrat California Governor' post? The vote is currently running at about 2:1 in favour of the Democrat.

Watched some of the presentation announcing the new UK, US & Australian defence pact.  Sleepy Joe was on form.  "Thanks to Prime Minister,  Boris Johnson & thanks to... thanks to, er, thanks to that guy from down under."  Scott Morrison must have been chuffed? 

Two names Sleepy Joe, one of which you know well.  Better keep him away from those important Executive Decisions. 

3 hours ago, Baron99 said:

Watched some of the presentation announcing the new UK, US & Australian defence pact.  Sleepy Joe was on form.  "Thanks to Prime Minister,  Boris Johnson & thanks to... thanks to, er, thanks to that guy from down under."  Scott Morrison must have been chuffed? 

Two names Sleepy Joe, one of which you know well.  Better keep him away from those important Executive Decisions. 

Who is Scott Morrison ?

Edited by The Joker

The announcement of AUKUS will go down well with the redneck jingoists, but it isolates the US further. If a US citizen I would have voted for Biden, only because I truly believe Trump is even worse, but I always knew that Biden wouldn't be 'the solution'. He is demonstrating that perfectly. 

Obama wasn't perfect, far from it in fact, but how do I long for a return...

16 minutes ago, tzijlstra said:

The announcement of AUKUS will go down well with the redneck jingoists, but it isolates the US further. If a US citizen I would have voted for Biden, only because I truly believe Trump is even worse, but I always knew that Biden wouldn't be 'the solution'. He is demonstrating that perfectly. 

Obama wasn't perfect, far from it in fact, but how do I long for a return...

Exactly - pretty much everyone knew Biden wasn't ideal, but he was better than the alternative....

On 17/09/2021 at 09:52, West 77 said:

It's good news the French have got the hump. French diplomats in Washington through their toys  out of the pram and cancelled a gala.

It is excellent news. For the French and the wider EU. European Heads of State are rapidly re-thinking the idea of a European Army, abandoned by the UK and US it is time that Europe creates its own power. In the mean time it won't be long before we see British kids die for the flag of Freedom, again.