Joe Biden The New President Thoughts So Far?

On 16/10/2021 at 09:43, Annie Bynnol said:

My reply was to ask:

"On what issue?"

An 'issue' would be something of national/international importance and how it being dealt with by the President and his Government.

Reproducing lists of  public opinion polls is irrelevant in an answer that requires one and only one 'issue' from you.

Those issues I listed,

the President's mental capacity,                                                                      
Making good decisions about Economic Policy 
Making good decisions about Foreign Policy 

Using military force wisely         
Making wise decisions about Immigration Policy, and
Bringing the country closer together 

and how they are being  dealt with by the President and his Government, are of major importance to the U.S. and its enemies.

Maybe not to you!

Lol

Edited by trastrick

16 minutes ago, trastrick said:

Strange that only 40% of California State Employees are vaccinated. In a solid Democrat State, too.

Maybe it's just another case of "rules for thee, but not for me"? Lol

No - read your post #561  above where you state 40% are unvaccinated.

Now looking at the Sacramento Bee story you quoted;

https://www.sacbee.com/news/politics-government/the-state-worker/article254974997.html

it seems pretty obvious that they count people who've only had one jab as "unvaccinated".

I don't think there are any rules in California that say a state employee must vote Democrat, and would have thought Highway Patrol and Prison employees would tend to be Republicans.

Going back to #551

California (Dem) has 71% fully vaccinated - Texas (Rep) has 52%, Florida (Rep) has 58%.

https://usafacts.org/visualizations/covid-vaccine-tracker-states/state/texas

https://usafacts.org/visualizations/covid-vaccine-tracker-states/state/florida

Edited by Longcol

21 hours ago, trastrick said:

Those issues I listed,

the President's mental capacity,                                                                      
Making good decisions about Economic Policy 
Making good decisions about Foreign Policy 

Using military force wisely         
Making wise decisions about Immigration Policy, and
Bringing the country closer together 

and how they are being  dealt with by the President and his Government, are of major importance to the U.S. and its enemies.

Maybe not to you!

Lol

"On what issue?" Singular.

It appears that you intention is to repeat a list, now edited* with bias toward a political opinion - and not a genuine attempt to open a discussion.

If you want the OP statement discussing, stop evading the question and choose one issue/aspect of Joe Biden's first year in office. 

More and more lists that reflect your political opinion do nothing to help evaluate a fascinating 12 months of American politics.

* "He gets his best grade for Handling the Coronavirus Outbreak  51       49" no longer appears.

15 hours ago, Annie Bynnol said:

"On what issue?" Singular.

It appears that you intention is to repeat a list, now edited* with bias toward a political opinion - and not a genuine attempt to open a discussion.

If you want the OP statement discussing, stop evading the question and choose one issue/aspect of Joe Biden's first year in office. 

More and more lists that reflect your political opinion do nothing to help evaluate a fascinating 12 months of American politics.

* "He gets his best grade for Handling the Coronavirus Outbreak  51       49" no longer appears.

That was on purpose, hoping to get you to answer the question posed by the original thread, namely, "Joe Biden, the new President, your thoughts so far?"

Rational minds can assume that the question refers to Joe Biden's job performance as President of the U.S.

You did not seek that clarification "on what issue"from the original poster. Why?

Now after much prevarication and dissembling on your part, you note I have left out one of the six issues I invited you to comment on. (Co-incidently the one he recieved his best approval on, lol)

So feel free to comment on that issue, and ignore his failing approval ratings on the other.

We'll understand!

Edited by trastrick

5 hours ago, trastrick said:

That was on purpose, hoping to get you to answer the question posed by the original thread, namely, "Joe Biden, the new President, your thoughts so far?"

Rational minds can assume that the question refers to Joe Biden's job performance as President of the U.S.

You did not seek that clarification "on what issue"from the original poster. Why?

Now after much prevarication and dissembling on your part, you note I have left out one of the six issues I invited you to comment on. (Co-incidently the one he recieved his best approval on, lol)

So feel free to comment on that issue, and ignore his failing approval ratings on the other.

We'll understand!

Post 530 You: "But how IS Joe doing?"

Post 531 Me:  "On what issue?"

No rambling-just one issue please.

On 20/10/2021 at 12:58, Annie Bynnol said:

No rambling-just one issue please.

I gave you 6 to choose from.

Chosse any one, or all.

Still having problems?

Lol

Edited by trastrick

1 hour ago, trastrick said:

I gave you 6 to choose from.

Chosse any one, or all.

Still having problems?

Lol

Your continuous criticism of the President is based long ramblings and lists that put popularity in the US above his effectiveness (or otherwise) as the President.

Criticism is always OK but you should be prepared justify that criticism.

Your inability to answer a straightforward question implies that you are content to avoid specifics and a focus on one issue.

Criticism without explanation and justification leaves just a political opinion. 

13 hours ago, Annie Bynnol said:

Your continuous criticism of the President is based long ramblings and lists that put popularity in the US above his effectiveness (or otherwise) as the President.

Criticism is always OK but you should be prepared justify that criticism.

Your inability to answer a straightforward question implies that you are content to avoid specifics and a focus on one issue.

Criticism without explanation and justification leaves just a political opinion. 

Lol

My question was a "straightforward question",  How is Joe doing?

You answered with a question! Now you are in the accusation mode.

So I'll leave it up to the Guardian to answer my question. Have a nice day!

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/sep/26/old-man-in-a-hurry-biden-must-act-quickly-to-save-his-presidency

"Slumping approval ratings, political deadlock at home and blunders on foreign policy leave the White House facing its moment of truth"

• 2 weeks later...