Ordinary Sheffielders.

36 minutes ago, trastrick said:

Hi Cuttsie

We used to frequent the Embassy "ballroom" on Mansfield Road, back in the mid to late 50s.

As I recall, we went downstairs from the front entrance.

So what was upstairs?

Never been in  Tras, past it a thousand times on my way to Cadman Road football pitch or the Rex cinema .

I heard it was a bit of a knocking shop  in the 80's  . 

1 hour ago, cuttsie said:

Never been in  Tras, past it a thousand times on my way to Cadman Road football pitch or the Rex cinema .

I heard it was a bit of a knocking shop  in the 80's  . 

It used to be a popular dance hall in the late 50s, and in your neck of the woods.

Borther Roy says you trod the light fatastic at the old Locarno, or was that not you?

1 hour ago, trastrick said:

It used to be a popular dance hall in the late 50s, and in your neck of the woods.

Borther Roy says you trod the light fatastic at the old Locarno, or was that not you?

I did , I was the worse bopper in Town , Still am 

18 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

I did , I was the worse bopper in Town , Still am 

Lol

That's when the stage used to revolve, turn around from the tea dance orchestra, and the little combos would come on and get the birds all excited. The end of the big band era.

But nothing wrong with the old waltz, foxtrot, quickstep and summat called the gay gordons they taught us at the play centre after school.

The spot dance and the excuse me dance was always a big hit. The last waltz was always the last chance to see if you were in or not! 

Happy daze!

5 hours ago, trastrick said:

Hi Cuttsie

We used to frequent the Embassy "ballroom" on Mansfield Road, back in the mid to late 50s.

As I recall, we went downstairs from the front entrance.

So what was upstairs?

I think there might have been half a dozen steps down but it was all on one level. City Hall ballroom was downstairs.

Edited by Jim Hardie